Free Agents Page 8

Quote: Marc P @ February 17 2009, 10:40 AM GMT

Love Soup is the dogs bollocks.

Bit of a girls show I always feel though. At least the second series didn't have that God awful American writer character though.

:O

Quote: Marc P @ February 17 2009, 10:45 AM GMT

:O

To the 'girls show' bit or the 'rubbish American writer character' bit? Or both?

The girls show bit, I didn't see the original series although I plan to order it at some stage.

Quote: Marc P @ February 17 2009, 10:49 AM GMT

The girls show bit, I didn't see the original series although I plan to order it at some stage.

Brace yourself for the American sitcom writer character then. Sweet holy Jesus . . .

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 17 2009, 10:55 AM GMT

Brace yourself for the American sitcom writer character then. Sweet holy Jesus . . .

Laughing out loud

I quite liked the American guy from the first series. He was in Final Destination 2 and an episode of CSI: Miami.

Quote: chipolata @ February 17 2009, 11:00 AM GMT

I quite liked the American guy from the first series. He was in Final Destination 2 and an episode of CSI: Miami.

You his agent or something? Unimpressed

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 17 2009, 10:42 AM GMT

Bit of a girls show I always feel though.

Is that an insult then? ;)

I use that term, but it's like black people being able to use the 'n' word and not whites.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ February 17 2009, 11:01 AM GMT

Is that an insult then? ;)

I use that term, but it's like black people being able to use the 'n' word and not whites.

Well, it's sort of soppy. I suppose boys can be soppy. Not boys I want to know though.

Where the hell is Aaron? We've gone right off topic!!

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ February 17 2009, 11:01 AM GMT

It's actually nothing like that. Typical wonky girl logic.

Quote: chipolata @ February 17 2009, 11:03 AM GMT

It's actually nothing like that. Typical wonky girl logic.

You're actually a militant lesbian aren't you.

Yes. Free Agents, people.

Okay, Free Agents -

General consensus amongst my elite circle (Homeless Dave, my Mum and the man who owns the dirty book shop) is that we like the Mangan, the Horgan and the Head - which all sound like great sci-fi names. But we feel genuinely let down by the sheer lack of humour in the show.

To put it into some context, Dexter, a drama about a serial killer in Miami, has more laugh out loud moments then this so called 'comedy'.

On the plus side, whenever garbage like Free Agents is commissioned, it does inspire me to keep writing.

As for 'girly' comedy, the Horgan's previous outing 'Pulling' is a prime example of great female writing. If only the Free Agents people had chucked her a few extra quid to write and star, then this might have been considerably more enjoyable.

I'll have to check on this forum to see if Free Agents gets any better as I'm never watching another episode of this crap again.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 17 2009, 2:12 PM GMT

As for 'girly' comedy, the Horgan's previous outing 'Pulling' is a prime example of great female writing.

Pulling feels far from girly!