Free Agents Page 6

By the way, for anyone interested. The show faired poorly in the ratings. It attracted 1.26m viewers (6.5%), compared to a repeat of Rab C Nesbitt which got 1.34m (6.9%).

Source: Digital Spy

I reckon there is a change the ratings will improve (I know this isn't the trend for shows which start badly) as the relationship could possibly grip people even if the comedy doesn't. I agree that Anthony Head was more interesting in the pilot; if I rememebr correctly they showed that in reality he was very unhappy where as the first ep in the series didn't really give us any oportunity to empaphise with him, nontheless I still think the character worked.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ February 15 2009, 9:43 PM GMT

By the way, for anyone interested. The show faired poorly in the ratings. It attracted 1.26m viewers

I would say I was surprised, but then I was out on Friday and only actually watched it over 4OD!

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ February 15 2009, 8:23 PM GMT

This reminds! There was a huge flaw in the first episode; the hairy guy said something about Father's Day being next week (or soon anyway) and then they went outside and it's all autumnal and Father's Day is in June. It's the sort of lack of detail/continuity that really bugs me.

Interestingly enough, and something that struck me as odd at the time.

For the shot used they had several big bags of leaves that sundry minions strew around each time they were going to do a take - so in actual fact they went to great lengths to Autumn things up.

I thought that this was odd as they were actually filming in Autumn and Muvver Nature had provided the necessary to some degree. Now given what you've said in regard to the script continuity mistake, that seems to just compound the error.

Hey those crazy TV types eh?

Oh yeah, BTW, what do you all think of my new anorak?

With all the money invested and the constant attention to detail production companies insist in scripts from new writers, it is unbelievable that they could make the Fathers' Day error - especially as it isn't at all necessary to the script or story. It is obvious the guy is feeling pretty f**ked up regardless of whether it is Fathers' Day soon.

Edited by Aaron - deciphered.

I get insulted by errors like that. It's like they think we're stupid enough not to notice or care.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ February 15 2009, 10:52 PM GMT

I get insulted by errors like that. It's like they think we're stupid enough not to notice or care.

I'm not sure whether you're talking about the script, or Ronnie's post. (Now heavily edited.)

Please Ronnie, don't post whilst drunk - and if you were sober, good Lord, take some time to make sure it's readable for everyone else. Please see the site rules if there's any confusion. Thanks.

Oh Christ, have we descended to the wankers' role of pointing out supposed continuity issues. Just give this series a chance. I tend not to comment until I have seen more than one episode. This show may be more for us in our thirties or fourties, but why shouldn't we have a show?

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 16 2009, 2:08 AM GMT

Oh Christ, have we descended to the wankers' role of pointing out supposed continuity issues. Just give this series a chance. I tend not to comment until I have seen more than one episode. This show may be more for us in our thirties or fourties, but why shouldn't we have a show?

Because we're too old that's why! At your age and indeed mine, I'm even older than you, we should be thinking about our pipe and slippers. Not mixing it in the world of youngsters.

I hope you're not suggesting that *I'm* a wanker btw. My insight was merely an attempt to give a bit of spice and colour on the show that I have already said I liked.

And now think of all those continuity people you may have offeneded. When you go on the set of your show - a few bouquets and family-sized bags of Revels might be the order of the day. Hmmmm?

:D :D :D

I thought it was pretty average. Nothing special, despite a stellar cast. And I vaguely resent coming home early on Friday night to watch it.

I thought it was shit. Watched 5 minutes and turned it off. I recorded it so will give it a bash when I'm feeling more charitable. Mangan is a terrible, terrible actor, so it was also going to have to be bloody fantastic to overcome that handicap.

Quote: Rick Skelton @ February 16 2009, 12:42 PM GMT

Mangan is a terrible, terrible actor,

Hmm . . . yeah . . . ok then.

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 16 2009, 2:08 AM GMT

'Supposed' continuity errors? How about 'glaring' continuity error? :) So if they have a Christmas episode and everyone's wearing shorts and t-shirts it's okay?

Btw I'm older than you and it didn't really reflect anything in my life or make me laugh. :) I thought it was okay, but I didn't see any sort of story in this episode.

Yesss, how exactly is Mangan a 'terrible, terrible' actor?

:S

Quote: zooo @ February 16 2009, 7:13 PM GMT

Yesss, how exactly is Mangan a 'terrible, terrible' actor?

:S

He's totally unconvincing, has horrid facial expressions and can only play one character. He makes Steve Coogan look like Robert De Niro.