The Show What You Wrote - series 2 Page 4

Me too!

Quote: Otterfox @ 27th February 2014, 2:22 PM GMT

I have about 8 sketches ready to submit but I always struggle with formatting it correctly. I can see myself wrestling my way through this into the wee hours.

If in doubt, use the template that they posted for Newsjack.

Sent my 8 sketches off at lunchtime.

To stop myself obsessing over them until August, I shall now bask in the rejection of Newsjack for the next few weeks.

I sent off a few yesterday, didnt do any for Sport or leisure though.

God I'm bad at these...one going off from me because the others are pretty horrendous.

Six in. Was aiming for 12 but turns out I'm nowhere near prolific. Still, better to get 50% of the possible rejection total.

Just sent a few off - one for each episode, barring sport and leisure. Not expecting much, but glad to have got something in - didn't submit at all last year.

It's probably mentioned already so apologies in advance but what do we save the sketches as? As in what do we name the file? Thanks.

Not sure if this is what you mean exactly Otter but I've saved them with the name of the sketch plus my name in word doc.

Anyone else going to be burning the midnight oil?

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 27th February 2014, 10:18 PM GMT

Not sure if this is what you mean exactly Otter but I've saved them with the name of the sketch plus my name in word doc.

That'll do nicely. Thank you m'lady.

That's me done! 7 in total. At least 1 for each episode.

Have to send a few off to 4amcab tomorrow, so I'm free to concentrate on Newsjack over the weekend.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 27th February 2014, 10:18 PM GMT

SImilar - so I'll call my files "Judgement Dave - name of sketch.doc" with the page header being something like " Judgement Dave (myemail@email.com) Name of sketch - show theme".

I think one of my sketches is a runner, so I actually used " Judgement Dave (myemail@email.com) Name of sketch (runner) - show theme".

IIRC That's the same as I did for series one other than adding the "- show theme" on the page headers.

EDIT: Being really paranoid about this, I just checked and realised that the bits about file naming all seem to say 'please do' such and such, and as such are polite requests rather than mandatory stipulations. So don't try and make their jobs harder than they are, but I imagine a well-meaning slip isn't going to get your script thrown out.

Note that I have a similar approach to religion, since most all-powerful gods seem to be compassionate, so either I'm getting sketches into TSWYW and going to heaven or I'm in for a really shitty eternity...

Quote: Mike Yeoman @ 27th February 2014, 10:48 PM GMT

Anyone else going to be burning the midnight oil?

Oh yes - I sense a midnight oil shortage coming on. Hoard it while you can.

Yay! Only two submissions this time but I think they're of a higher quality than last run. Now I've just got to work out how to forget about it and move on. :D

Quote: Judgement Dave @ 27th February 2014, 11:20 PM GMT

Note that I have a similar approach to religion, since most all-powerful gods seem to be compassionate, so either I'm getting sketches into TSWYW and going to heaven or I'm in for a really shitty eternity...

Wow, you really do have a lot riding on this series JD.

I'm pleased to see that they've put an auto-reply in for this series which is very welcome for a group of people as paranoid as non-com comedy writers.

And I'm wondering why people are struggling with Sports and Leisure - that's the episode I had the most potential ideas. I've been researching all my life for that one!

I named my sketch files like the title we were supposed to put on the top of page one:

"Science and Nature - Poem - Matt Fishwick.doc"

I've probably done it wrong, though.