Episode 1.5 Picture
Author, feminist and critic Germaine Greer judges whether or not the public's ideas are "Genuis or Not".
Related Video Clip
- Fruit machine ATMs: Not genius
- Female-only votes that redress the balance of history: Winning genius
- Onionade as a drink: Not genius
- Randomising the days of the week by lottery: Genius
- Bars for women, with resident cat hosts: Not genius
Red Button Extras
- An out-take involving a lamp.
- Rejected ideas: A magazine rack that can fit underneath a mattress; Decision making slippers that tell you what to do; a "Uncle Easter" similar to Father Christmas; Make the word "Knickers" singular and "Bra" plural; Water-proof karaoke machines for singing in the shower; Apple-flavoured, apple-shaped pears; "Not in service" signs for hearses so that you know you can overtake; Everyone should take their turn when it comes to laying the table; Make car bumpers magnetic and have the front and back bumpers have opposing polarities, so that cars would repel each other and thus reduce car crashes; All urine should be collected, treated and recycled back into water rather than being flushed down toilets - "I'm not sure what to do with the poo yet".
- An extended edition of the lottery week system, featuring an actual lottery and the voice of Alan Dedicoat.
- Fri 24th April 2009
- BBC Two
- 30 minutes
- Thu 4th Mar 2010 (10:00pm, Dave)
- Sat 17th Jul 2010 (7:40pm, Dave)
- Sat 18th Dec 2010 (7:40pm, Dave)
- Fri 2nd Sep 2011 (11:20am, Dave)
- Sat 1st Oct 2011 (2:40pm, Dave)
Dave Gorman and Germaine Greer sample some fizzy onion juice.
Featuring: Dave Gorman, Germaine Greer.