Status report Page 5,833

Is going to record the Frank Skinner stand up show tonight and the Chuck Berry concert.

Me too! Already set on digi-box. :)

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 10th July 2015, 1:43 PM BST

Is going to record the Frank Skinner stand up show tonight and the Chuck Berry concert.

We saw that Frank Skinner show live at the LST. I'd quite like to see it again.

Help! I'm alone here. The ghosts will get me!

Is rugged up in bed awaiting the arrival of the Antarctic Vortex that is supposedly coming. There is even snow predicted for a very small part of Queensland, only happens about once every five to eight years and melts almost as soon as it hits the ground. It won't snow where I am but temperatures of about 5-17c predicated.

Just how will I survive? Might have to keep my Jumper all day!

Quote: reds @ 11th July 2015, 1:34 PM BST

Is rugged up in bed awaiting the arrival of the Antarctic Vortex that is supposedly coming. There is even snow predicted for a very small part of Queensland, only happens about once every five to eight years and melts almost as soon as it hits the ground. It won't snow where I am but temperatures of about 5-17c predicated.

Just how will I survive? Might have to keep my Jumper all day!

On my word, it's kind of muggy here.

The TBN is wondering whether to get her fat ass off of the sofa and walk into town to look at the maxi dresses in Dorothy Perkins. The only problem is that Barbara's quote from TLOG keeps running through her mind, ergo:

"I couldn't go in Dorothy Perkins since my bust started showing."

Quote: keewik @ 10th July 2015, 11:50 PM BST

Help! I'm alone here. The ghosts will get me!

Set your haggisses against them.

Quote: billwill @ 11th July 2015, 4:08 PM BST

Set your haggisses against them.

It's the hallucinogenic effect of haggis that is causing them. They won't learn over the border and keep on stuffing it in their gobs.

I'm a little wobbly this morning but greatly relieved that my son is ok after a potentially serious racing accident yesterday. He has gone back to work today so it wasn't that bad, but he went back to Uni a few days after having part of his kidney removed a few years ago so he is a trooper.

Yikes!
Glad he's okay.

Quote: zooo @ 13th July 2015, 10:27 AM BST

Yikes!
Glad he's okay.

Me too, wish him well Loopey.

Quote: zooo @ 13th July 2015, 10:27 AM BST

Yikes!
Glad he's okay.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 13th July 2015, 10:42 AM BST

Me too, wish him well Loopey.

Thank you. He had a mid-air collision and landed with his bike on top of him. I'm so grateful to the man who jumped the barrier and risked his own safety to get the bike off and to the amazing paramedics and hosp staff. He got away with torn muscles in his shoulder, bruised kidney (he's only got one), bruised head, but no internal head injury and a gash from his chin into his neck which is neatly stitched. Probably made by a foot peg or handlebar and why I'm so grateful that the bike was pulled off him. It could have been so much worse.

Oww. Did you see it happen?

Quote: zooo @ 13th July 2015, 11:32 AM BST

Oww. Did you see it happen?

No. I saw him in mid air but then he went out of my sight down the hill. The flags went up and the medics raced over so I knew it was him but didn't know what had happened. Then I heard the commentator say he was laying motionless on the track and the first I saw was him being taken past me into the ambulance. Absolutely horrible being a few feet away from the ambulance but not able to get out and go to him.
Daft really, he has gone to work, he says he's fine (his girlfriend says different) and here I am still being wobbly about it. It's not like I haven't seen them have accidents before. I've been going to these things for 35 years!

Argh! Nightmare.
Enough to make you wish he was into stamp collecting instead.