Status report Page 6,188

Quote: Lazzard @ 2nd May 2024, 3:54 PM

My man hasn't a hope of winning, but there you go - you do what you can!

Exactly. If nothing else, voting earns you the right to complain in the future.

Quote: lofthouse @ 2nd May 2024, 2:54 PM

The life of flippin Riley 🤯

Riley is at his wit's end.

Made it to Dallas. Flight to San Antonio is delayed 5.5 hours with no other option. Went to sit on the toilet, and then brown water started flooding in from the next stall. Barely avoided getting my shoes wet. Today has been a literal shit show.

It's a good job that we are looked after these days.
I just bought a Ninja nonstick pan and the label on the back was full of warnings with a big danger triangle by each warning.
Don't touch it when hot and don't touch the handle with bare hands if you have used it in the oven are pretty standard.
But.... don't keep caged birds next to the cooker as the fumes can kill them is a new one for me.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 4th May 2024, 9:09 AM

I just bought a Ninja nonstick pan and the label on the back was full of warnings with a big danger triangle by each warning.
Don't touch it when hot and don't touch the handle with bare hands if you have used it in the oven are pretty standard.
But.... don't keep caged birds next to the cooker as the fumes can kill them is a new one for me.

Very susceptible, your caged bird.
I'm not even allowed a scented candle unless all appropriate doors are well and truly closed.
BBQ's can do it as well.

And yet oddly miners were allowed to keep them as pets done the mines, even with all that gas about

How times change

🤪

Quote: Lazzard @ 4th May 2024, 10:14 AM

BBQ's can do it as well.

There's been many an incident of people dying from using barbeques in a tent - the tasteless, colourless, odourless killer - carbon monoxide.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th May 2024, 2:38 PM

There's been many an incident of people dying from using barbeques in a tent - the tasteless, colourless, odourless killer - carbon monoxide.

Same thing - and birds are many times more susceptible.

Quote: Lazzard @ 4th May 2024, 3:41 PM

Same thing - and birds are many times more susceptible.

Dear oh dear, and anyone would think I was trying to steal your thunder ffs - I know it's the same thing, I was just clarifying why and why CM is so dangerous - some people might not know that, and will be wary next time they may go camping.

I was just agreeing with you, you cantankerous old git.
Herc, you are one of the few people who could start a fight in an empty pub.

Non-stick Teflon pans can release deadly gases when overheated - that's what can kill birds.

Quote: Lazzard @ 4th May 2024, 3:57 PM

I was just agreeing with you, you cantankerous old git.
Herc, you are one of the few people who could start a fight in an empty pub.

Well, you have a funny way of putting it, but that is me, anyway! 😆 Goes with the territory - even I've noticed I'm getting worse as I get older. 💀

Re-joined Facebook after a few years and have been watching a few reels. Unbelievable how so many people think they are real despite them clearly being rehearsed most evident when the actors use exaggerated hand gestures to compensate for no audio. It got me thinking a theatre company or talent agency could get involved with actors for hire and have no shortage of work.

What's concerning is how gullible some people are with badly acted content that is clearly made to harvest usernames and anything else going.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 4th May 2024, 9:09 AM

Quote: Lazzard @ 4th May 2024, 10:14 AM

Very susceptible, your caged bird.
I'm not even allowed a scented candle unless all appropriate doors are well and truly closed.
BBQ's can do it as well.

And paint fumes, hence Del Boy putting Denzil and Corrine's budgie in the kitchen!!!!!

Wouldn't it be a bad idea to keep caged birds near a cooker anyway? I've never had a pet bird but I'm sure keeping it away from white goods goes without saying and it would be torturous keeping a pet bird near the cooker.

Carbon Monoxide poisoning is a horrible way to lose a loved one because it's so preventable. I know to never burn fossil fuels anywhere without lots of ventilation so would rather freeze and go hungry than make a fire inside a tent. Always tragic when that happens and there should be more public information films. Never seem to see them on terrestrial channels anymore.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 7th May 2024, 9:44 PM

... it would be torturous keeping a pet bird near the cooker.

Seeing a chicken going there every Sunday would be somewhat unnerving, I should imagine.