Status report Page 5,693

Ben is a little sad that Joan Rivers has died. One of the true funny women.

Quote: sootyj @ 4th September 2014, 8:44 PM BST

What's the job?

Just part time in a shop.

Quote: Ben @ 4th September 2014, 8:45 PM BST

Ben is a little sad that Joan Rivers has died. One of the true funny women.

Aw, that's a shame. I wasn't a massive fan of hers or anything, but she certainly didn't seem ready to pop off yet.

Quote: Lee @ 4th September 2014, 8:53 PM BST

Dear God how can you afford a house with a part time job?!

Because I'm awesome Cool

Quote: Lee @ 4th September 2014, 11:27 PM BST

Because I'm awesome Cool

Why not just admit you sell your body down the pub? Laughing out loud

Quote: keewik @ 5th September 2014, 12:11 AM BST

Why not just admit you sell your body down the pub? Laughing out loud

Keewik that really isn't a pub, it's the Scottish assembly.

Worried for nothing. Got results from Dr yesterday. Nothing that can't be fixed with antibiotics. Still wish they told me over the phone it was nothing major, would have stopped me stressing for a few days.

Quote: Lee @ 4th September 2014, 8:53 PM BST

Good Luck! "Just" part time in a shop is as valid as any other job.

Good to hear Reds

Quote: reds @ 5th September 2014, 12:01 PM BST

Still wish they told me over the phone it was nothing major, would have stopped me stressing for a few days.

I know what you mean...you're crying yourself to sleep, writing you're last will and then it's nothing (serious).
I hate when that happens.

Quote: Ben @ 2nd September 2014, 7:48 PM BST

1. It's a bit difficult for him to turn up without a van to carry his gear, so his excuse kind of holds weight here.

The thing is, if I ask to see three builders and they all seem pretty much the same, but one of them starts off by making excuses (however valid they *may* be), then he's already in third place. Anyway, he doesn't need his gear to give me a quote, if he'd really wanted to, he could have got here somehow, he's only a couple of miles away.

Quote: Ben @ 2nd September 2014, 7:48 PM BST

2. Clutches fail regardless of how well maintained a vehicle is.

They tend to fail progressively. Which is exactly what happened with his, he tells me; it started going wrong but he didn't do anything about it. That's not the sort of attitude I really want.

Quote: reds @ 5th September 2014, 12:01 PM BST

Worried for nothing. Got results from Dr yesterday. Nothing that can't be fixed with antibiotics. Still wish they told me over the phone it was nothing major, would have stopped me stressing for a few days.

*does the everyone's alive dance again*

Quote: Lee @ 4th September 2014, 11:27 PM BST

Because I'm awesome Cool

Or a gold digger. Still, if I'd got in with a rich bit of skirt, I'd go mental if she expected me to go out and work more than 16 hours a week.

She's a teacher, they're all stinking rich!

Quote: Lee @ 5th September 2014, 8:31 PM BST

She's a teacher, they're all stinking rich!

This is absolutely true as I type from yacht moored just off the French coast. See if you can spot me!