Status report Page 5,691

Quote: Curt @ 1st September 2014, 6:25 PM BST

Setting up my new iMac today! Borrowed the school's over the summer and found doing my art so much easier on it than my Lenovo Thinkpad i5 laptop.
Today is my last say off before school (work for me) starts back up.

Even though I left school many years ago, I still can't shake off that 'back to school feeling' in early September.

I'm sure the bombardment of advertising for school unforms and equipment doesn't help.

Ben has just poured a beer into a glass and is going to savour the moment.

That moment doesn't fade for me.
Curt just poured a beer into a vase because it's the largest thing he has and is going to try and black out this moment.

Wow you two are dad posh

I just drink straight from the bottle

Buiuiiiuuuuuuuuurrrppp

I think this every year, but seriously how the bleeping buggery did it get to be September already? Who the moved the clocks forward by several months when I wasn't looking?
Another year is nearly gone and I'm no further along in "life" than I was this time last year.

I'm so happy it's September! I want to go and buy new stationery.

It does come all of a sudden though, I agree.

Quote: zooo @ 2nd September 2014, 1:34 PM BST

I'm so happy it's September! I want to go and buy new stationery.

It does come all of a sudden though, I agree.

What's so special about new stationery and September?

You have to buy new stationery for school every September! Whether you left years ago or not.

Quote: zooo @ 2nd September 2014, 2:03 PM BST

You have to buy new stationery for school every September! Whether you left years ago or not.

Oh yeah. I always forget that the new school starts in September in UK/US. Australian school years fall within the same calendar year. Usually starts in the last few days of January and depending what year level/ state you are in finishes in early to mid December.

Ahhh. I didn't realise Australia did it differently.
You contrary lot! ;)

Quote: zooo @ 2nd September 2014, 2:20 PM BST

Ahhh. I didn't realise Australia did it differently.
You contrary lot! ;)

I suspect it is to fit in with summer here. It would just be evil to expect kids to go to school in the heat of December/January, although it is still normally boiling come February. I think it's kind of evil to make adults go work during those months, especially since it is often so hot at night that no one has been able to sleep properly.

Yikes.

So do kids get a long holiday off school around Christmas? That sounds ace.

Quote: zooo @ 2nd September 2014, 2:44 PM BST

Yikes.

So do kids get a long holiday off school around Christmas? That sounds ace.

Yep. Around 5-8 weeks off. Again it depends what State and year level you are in. Where I grew up you got 6 weeks off over December/January, except at the end of year ten and eleven when we got eight weeks off.

Wowwwwwwwwwwww.
*is jealous*