Status report Page 4,306

To be fair, if you go outside of the chain restaurants like zooo suggests, we do have capable chefs here too. It's just that a lot of the fast food places use ready made bases/pizzas and gives everyone else a bad reputation.

Quote: Oldrocker @ February 24 2012, 12:21 AM GMT

How many people will that feed?

One American or 25 Ethiopians.

I'll have 2 or 3 slices, bring some to my neighbor and then have the rest for breakfast and lunch tomorrow.

In other news... I've been trying to figure out what this weird noise was I could hear. I thought there was a tiny speaker playing somewhere. Turns out my nose was just whistling oddly when I breathed out. It created a weird acoustic in my sinuses, so it was hard to pinpoint.

I like pizzas from chains too, when I'm hungry, they fill me up but RC is right in that they aren't really the proper thing, taste wise. To get a really good authentic one I think you do have to try the Italian restaurants who make them them in the proper oven etc. They know how it should taste. Ie. tomatoey and basily and fresh and fairly light, as oppose to very cheesey, stodgy and heavy. It's a different thing.

It looks like my trip to California tomorrow will encompass two marriage resurrection attempts. My friend's wife is ready to ship him here to Texas to live with me.

I was a very bad boy tonight: I drank beer and watched The Walking Dead and The Office with my neighbor tonight instead of packing for my trip tomorrow.

I thought it was a good episode of The Office.

I see it is kick Dellas day again today.

Quote: Marc P @ February 24 2012, 9:48 AM GMT

I'll have to go change out of my slippers in that case.

:O

Why do you want some?

eh?

Marc P's himself?

eh eh?

How's James Patterson still showing you his privates in London?

eh?

Has anyone seen the beautiful princess who ran away from palace ball last night?

Quote: AngieBaby @ February 24 2012, 9:56 AM GMT

I'll have to go change out of my glass slippers in that case.

Are you dodging me?

Private London that has just sold to America you mean?? ;)

I'll tell you where you can find incredible pizza: Goa.

No bull. I know people who've lived in Italy for years who go to Goa just for the pizza.

I was really snuggly as well, but I've got the bovver boots on now...

Seriously though, we need to talk about Dellas. She obviously feeling like she's not welcome on here so what can we do to make her feel more included?

I suggest an 'All in one, consolidatory Dellas' thread. Any other ideas?

Ellie is soooo glad it's Friday!!!

Well to be fair I think her posts have sometimes been misconconstrued. Her latest post wasn't about whether women could be funny in general just focusing upon attitudes within this site - which is a different matter. Danny called for the thread to be banned, Lee promptly obliged whilst having a pop and not giving her the opportunity to redress. There is a word for that kind of thing. Close a thread by all means but don't attack someone personally and then do it. So that's you told Lee!

:)

Quote: L.E. @ February 24 2012, 10:10 AM GMT

Ellie is soooo glad it's Friday!!!

I don't think that's the expression!

It does look bad when you see some of the comments directed towards her.
We are a friendly site on the whole but it doesn't always look that way.