Status report Page 4,310

Quote: Oldrocker @ February 24 2012, 11:43 AM GMT

Of Five Hand Reel fame?

I could tell you a story about those tw*ts when the band I was in was supporting them at Oxford Uni . . . .

yep, that's him. spill!

Quote: Marc P @ February 24 2012, 10:11 AM GMT

. Danny called for the thread to be banned,

Danny did no such thing!

Crikey! It's all gone very dramatic on here. When dellas said she was starting a campaign to get rid of people, I didn't think she meant herself.

Personally, I have nothing against dellas and I don't want to see her banned / rage quit. It takes all sorts to make up a fun and lively forum and it adds to the general variety of the BCG.

As long as everyone stays within the rules, what's the problem?

Well to be fair I think her posts have sometimes been misconconstrued. Her latest post wasn't about whether women could be funny in general just focusing upon attitudes within this site - which is a different matter. Danny called for the thread to be banned, Lee promptly obliged whilst having a pop and not giving her the opportunity to redress. There is a word for that kind of thing. Close a thread by all means but don't attack someone personally and then do it. So that's you told Lee!

:)

I don't think that's the expression!

Danny did no such thing. He pointed out there are other threads about women in comedy and said he could be wrong. He is entitled to say such things even though he has a penis.

I think Dellas in fairness has been trying the last week not to antagonise people. I think in this case it was panic on Lee's behalf over seeing it. But before we start jumping up and down claiming she is being bullied, just me just say I personally reacted to her as a woman seeing someone I thought was using feminism as a excuse to cause trouble AND can I point out I personally blew after some not very nice comments which apparently I should have been taking on the chin because she is older despite the fact she did the same thing to DaButt who is also older. Apparently it's wrong to be sexist but okay to be Ageist as long as it works in favour of the person. Dellas has not hidden behind this I know but some people have used this argument and it's a bit rubbish.

Maybe before branding people as bullies Marc, you should really think about the other people who were hurt by her nasty comments. I'm not saying don't give Dellas a chance. Anyone can be a Pratt sometimes. Remember when I blew up at Sooty during the week of my Mum's birthday? I was a knob over that and I hold my hands up to it. We made up and moved on and now I'm back to calling Sooty a cock in gest.

I'm willing to put stuff behind me and move on as she seems to be trying but if you are trying to paint a rosy picture of her side during that time, you are very much wrong and it doesn't help her in the long run to debate this here, close another thread, and make people feel hostile towards her a bit more for it.

Afternoon. I got the day off woot!

Quote: Harridan @ February 24 2012, 10:49 AM GMT

crap

You are safe Harridan. Just leave Zooo an offering and she will protect you.

Quote: Gavin @ February 24 2012, 1:24 PM GMT

Afternoon. I got the day off woot!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

What are you gonna do? Windsurfing? Skydiving? Hookers?

Quote: Rooface @ February 24 2012, 1:26 PM GMT

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

What are you gonna do? Windsurfing? Skydiving? Hookers?

Working. But just not for them.

Hungry.

Avoiding dissertation a bit too much but quite pleased with myself. :) And wearing yellow in homage to the sunshine!

...and a bit tired.

Aw. It's gone all cloudy here again, but I've got some windows open due to the heat so it still feels quite summery!

Gavbear, you need a break. All you ever do is work and drink. You need to do something nice for yourself. Veg out or go outside. The burning ball in the sky, I've been told, is very nice.

Think I am gonna have a tidy, some food, and then attempt to bath the dog....

Shall I have a cup off coffee...

...yes.

Well to be fair I think her posts have sometimes been misconconstrued. Her latest post wasn't about whether women could be funny in general just focusing upon attitudes within this site - which is a different matter. Danny called for the thread to be banned, Lee promptly obliged whilst having a pop and not giving her the opportunity to redress. There is a word for that kind of thing. Close a thread by all means but don't attack someone personally and then do it. So that's you told Lee!

:)

Well said Marc.

Just saw, through my window, a bus pass. White it was.