BCG Fantasy Premier League 2014/15 Page 28

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 18th December 2014, 10:46 AM GMT

I love you too Sunshine <3

(I can't read the text at the bottom as it's the smallest thing I've seen since your overall points total :) )

Laughing out loud

Quote: A Horseradish @ 15th December 2014, 11:05 AM GMT

Btw happy birthday for Thursday. I'm addressing myself here but am delighted to extend it to you too. :)

Thanks Rad. Happy birthday to you too. Not sure I like the idea of sharing a birthday on the BCG but at least it's not with some c**t.

Quote: Splodge @ 15th December 2014, 10:52 AM GMT

My Ramsey gamble failed this week. I thought he was just coming into form, so I bought him in - then watched him score two, assist one and get injured in the Champions League.

Costa scored, but I think he'll have to score twice next time round or else that will prove to be a bad buy too (given how some of the 'cheaper' options performed).

You were a bit unlucky considering your intelligent picks of Lampard and Kane. Unfortunately this game doesn't really reward intelligence. There are a couple of people doing better than you who appear to be picking their players based on last year's form.

Don for example - although he isn't playing badly - got in front with players off the bench, like Mata and Erikson, some weeks back, so in other words he got his points from players he didn't want to play.
Hardly skilful.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 18th December 2014, 2:19 PM GMT

Thanks Rad. Happy birthday to you too. Not sure I like the idea of sharing a birthday on the BCG but at least it's not with some c**t.

Hey
Good timing that!

Happy Birthday Godot

I would like to also offer birthday greetings to Godot and everybody's favourite plant, Horseradish.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 18th December 2014, 2:19 PM GMT

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 18th December 2014, 4:07 PM GMT

I would like to also offer birthday greetings to Godot and everybody's favourite plant, Horseradish.

Many thanks.

I didn't push the boat out this year. Just half a clementine and a couple of pints of Gaviscon. :)

Happy Birthday HR

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 18th December 2014, 8:22 PM GMT

Happy Birthday HR

Many thanks Mr S - and you're very welcome.

I've often thought that everyone should have a birthday.

It's a great way of giving something back to the world every year. :)

I did 2 transfers this week.
I didn't mean to
Much like Billy Joel I'd decided that my days's of "Hits" were over

But I had to bring Hazard in
I'd go for Toure as well but that's so last years team

Although I think City have the easier fixtures

I MADE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE

Could someone insert a relevant picture or gif that conveys that emotion in an amusing way for me please?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 19th December 2014, 11:21 PM GMT

I did 2 transfers this week.
I didn't mean to
Much like Billy Joel I'd decided that my days's of "Hits" were over

But I had to bring Hazard in
I'd go for Toure as well but that's so last years team

Although I think City have the easier fixtures

I MADE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE

Could someone insert a relevant picture or gif that conveys that emotion in an amusing way for me please?

Touré's on 4 yellow cards and will shortly be departing for the Arfica Cup of Nations. You shouldn't be thinking about bringing him in.

I don't think anyone has to own Hazard. I know that he's scored five goals at home but have you ever watched him play - I mean over a whole game? He's very inconsistent. I think Gerry's been lucky to get two sets of captain's points and 12(!) bonus points from him. He headed in a goal last week. I don't think I've ever seen him head the ball, let alone score with his head.

The mugs on the fantasy scout forum, who drool over opta stats are still talking about Sanchez and Eriksen and Touré. They haven't got a clue. Eriksen scores goals but the real goal threat is Chadli. Ever watched him play? He can't dribble and he can't keep the ball but his positioning and shot selection is world class.

Similarly Cazorla - less than two percent ownership, but I'd been watching him play. Since I bought him two weeks ago he's scored three times and should score again tomorrow. Much better than Sanchez's two assists and 3.3m cheaper.

Guys, I'm making the decision to duck out of this year's league(s).

This is for entirely personal reasons that I shan't bore you with, but essentially means that I can't dedicate the necessary time and effort to picking teams, making transfers etc.

I wish everyone all the best for the rest of the season.

Oh shame.
But surely just leaving your team as it is will get more points than you would by being in charge.

Only kidding
Good luck mate

Shaggy, like Steve I'm sorry to see you go. I had some health problems for most of last season and it really interfered with my playing the game - even though I didn't really notice it at the time.

Tempted to say just dip in and out but even that requires more time than you can possibly commit. Hope you can compete at full strength next season.

Baines continues to exist in my team due to my irrational fear of putting Chelsea defenders in - I really can't think of any other reason...

Quote: shaggy292 @ 20th December 2014, 8:29 PM GMT

Guys, I'm making the decision to duck out of this year's league(s).

This is for entirely personal reasons that I shan't bore you with, but essentially means that I can't dedicate the necessary time and effort to picking teams, making transfers etc.

I wish everyone all the best for the rest of the season.

Thanks Shaggy, all the best to you too.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 20th December 2014, 2:48 PM GMT

Similarly Cazorla - less than two percent ownership, but I'd been watching him play. Since I bought him two weeks ago he's scored three times and should score again tomorrow. Much better than Sanchez's two assists and 3.3m cheaper.

Cazorla is looking like an excellent, under the radar addition. Injury time was a little costly for him yesterday, but he (and probably Giroud too) seem to be the best Arsenal players to have at the moment.

All the best, Shaggy. See you next season.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 20th December 2014, 2:48 PM GMT

The mugs on the fantasy scout forum, who drool over opta stats are still talking about Sanchez and Eriksen and Touré. They haven't got a clue. Eriksen scores goals but the real goal threat is Chadli. Ever watched him play? He can't dribble and he can't keep the ball but his positioning and shot selection is world class.

I had Chadli last season and earlier this and he gives good return. I have never, *ever* however, seen a player whose shots cause so many reactions from teammates (fury, aghastness, screaming).

I dropped Austin because he got sent off. I only realised I hadn't put him in my team as the goals were flying in on MOTD. Bollocks, I hope I put him back in, I thought, mistakenly.

You're dead to me, Van Persie! Dead to me!

Dan

Quote: Splodge @ 22nd December 2014, 12:34 PM GMT

Baines continues to exist in my team due to my irrational fear of putting Chelsea defenders in - I really can't think of any other reason...

Baines is great with a dead ball, but utterly useless as a left back. I'm not surprised Martinez has been playing him further forward.

I didn't want Ivanovic _ I slagged him off before I bought him - but Azpilicuetta was suspended. He offers theoretical attacking returns but isn't worth 7.2m. Fortunately money isn't a problem this season with most of the good players being affordable.

Quote: Splodge @ 22nd December 2014, 12:34 PM GMT

Cazorla is looking like an excellent, under the radar addition. Injury time was a little costly for him yesterday, but he (and probably Giroud too) seem to be the best Arsenal players to have at the moment.

Yeah, too right - he was on for maximum bonus points before that yellow, now he's one card away from a ban. I don't really like owning Arsenal players but I'm considering Giroud as a replacement for Bony or Sakho but there are lots of options up front at the moment.

Quote: swerytd @ 22nd December 2014, 2:06 PM GMT

I had Chadli last season and earlier this and he gives good return. I have never, *ever* however, seen a player whose shots cause so many reactions from teammates (fury, aghastness, screaming).

I dropped Austin because he got sent off. I only realised I hadn't put him in my team as the goals were flying in on MOTD. Bollocks, I hope I put him back in, I thought, mistakenly.

You're dead to me, Van Persie! Dead to me!

Dan

Fury from his teammates? Really? Since most of the Spurs players couldn't find the goal if it was glued to their face I find that surprising. He had a goal declared offside as well as his shot on target but they didn't show it on MOTD.

I had Austin captained until about 11.20. I figured that QPR are so shit it was too much of a risk. They really are totally shit.