BCG Fantasy Premier League 2014/15 Page 30

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 28th December 2014, 12:12 AM GMT

So you're saying he was your first choice for captain and not Ya Ya? I don't believe you.

I am. I'm not sure why it's difficult to believe, you'd have to be a bit crazy to captain someone you think is going to start on the bench.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 28th December 2014, 12:12 AM GMT

If you were expecting him to turn into a goal machine Saturday night you were the only one.

I'm pretty sure Sanchez was the most captained player of the gameweek; I'll come back with a source if I remember where I read it :)

The defence rests:

https://twitter.com/FantasyFootyFix/status/548472479153659904

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 27th December 2014, 7:36 PM GMT

Well done Radish Senior, you're a much better player than your son was. Keep it up.

Bollocks to rotation, they're paid 250 grand a week to be fit and play - so play. I bet most of the Brits will, Rooney, Terry, you won't be able to stop them. Pleased

Many thanks Mr Kipper. He was relying on the advice of Kenny Sansom last year just because his Nan had gatecrashed Sansom's wedding. I sent Sansom packing and brought in Steve Kember as a replacement. Well, he lived diagonally opposite his best mate in the 1970s. Fortunately it has worked out quite well.

Re Sanchez: Will the return of Theo Walcott later today enable him to be rested? Plus: Drogba for Costa?

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 28th December 2014, 12:24 AM GMT

I am. I'm not sure why it's difficult to believe, you'd have to be a bit crazy to captain someone you think is going to start on the bench.

Well you captained a player who was suspended so I wouldn't offer that as an argument. If you say you intended it then I accept what you say. Just seems like an unlikely choice.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 28th December 2014, 12:24 AM GMT

I'm pretty sure Sanchez was the most captained player of the gameweek; I'll come back with a source if I remember where I read it :)

The defence rests:

https://twitter.com/FantasyFootyFix/status/548472479153659904

Okay 293 people also thought he would score. Got any stats on Milner?

What a terrible bloody week for me.

Fascinating stuff at half time in the season and as we contemplate a new year.

Luckily, my 1001 points were strategically timed to coincide with my 1001st post. :)

2 free transfers for the first time ever
So I'll have to do at least one transfer today

Quote: A Horseradish @ 30th December 2014, 9:29 AM GMT

Fascinating stuff at half time in the season and as we contemplate a new year.

Luckily, my 1001 points were strategically timed to coincide with my 1001st post. :)

Never mind worrying about rotation with you getting a big fat 16 points of the bench.

Here's the table so far of points off the bench. Unsurprisingly you're at the top Radish with Don not far behind.

Radish - 50pts
Don - 44pts
Gerry - 35pts
Ross - 26pts
Splodge - 23pts
Godot - 22pts
Ben - 21pts
Kipper - 20pts
Steve - 17pts

To save you the trouble of subtracting the points yourself here's the totals without bench points:

Godot - 972
Don - 956
Radish - 951
Steve - 944
Gerry - 941
Splodge - 937
Ben - 895
Kipper - 884
Ross - 831

It's a much more interesting contest than last year's. No Suarez means people have to think a bit, especially with that other little foreign twat goal machine sidelined. Again.

And it's nice to see the lead changing a lot more. Halfway and I don't know who to put my 10p on. Don & Gerry up and down with each other are letting Horseradish in the back door. But will Godot run them over in his taxi? Nailbiting. HNY.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 31st December 2014, 11:55 PM GMT

Never mind worrying about rotation with you getting a big fat 16 points of the bench.

Here's the table so far of points off the bench. Unsurprisingly you're at the top Radish with Don not far behind.

Radish - 50pts
Don - 44pts
Gerry - 35pts
Ross - 26pts
Splodge - 23pts
Godot - 22pts
Ben - 21pts
Kipper - 20pts
Steve - 17pts

To save you the trouble of subtracting the points yourself here's the totals without bench points:

Godot - 972
Don - 956
Radish - 951
Steve - 944
Gerry - 941
Splodge - 937
Ben - 895
Kipper - 884
Ross - 831

Interesting stats but my mind turned to David Fairclough. Did his 18 goals in 62 substitute appearances make, say, Bob Paisley less than legendary? Putting a player on the bench is at least one square ahead
of Pellegrini failing to get his Yaya out for Burnley. Whatever that was, what it wasn't was great ju-ju.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 1st January 2015, 9:27 AM GMT

It's a much more interesting contest than last year's. No Suarez means people have to think a bit, especially with that other little foreign twat goal machine sidelined. Again.

And it's nice to see the lead changing a lot more. Halfway and I don't know who to put my 10p on. Don & Gerry up and down with each other are letting Horseradish in the back door. But will Godot run them over in his taxi? Nailbiting. HNY.

Don can't win. He hasn't posted for more than two months - he's out of the league on his own rules. Gerry won't win playing Milner and captaining Sterling. Splodge scares me the most and obviously Dan - who knows his football but keeps shooting himself in the foot with his captain choices.

Steve has also come right back into contention. Ross - last year's Mr. Differential seems to have completely fallen away.

I have Kane on the bench and all my first eleven played. Teary

I bought Kane for my B team
I may have to add him to the Florists as well

van Persie just ain't cutting it

Quote: A Horseradish @ 1st January 2015, 6:50 PM GMT

I have Kane on the bench and all my first eleven played. Teary

Yeah, you, me and Splodge. 26 points pre-bonus on the bench at the moment. Oh well, happy new year!

I may just swap Austin for Kane instead
Could keep van Persie for a straight Aguero swap if he's getting fit

When can we use the January Wild card?

And it was going so well until that game...

I had avoided the Silva captaincy trap, got a double Villa clean sheet and Falcao scored when Rooney and RVP didn't.

Now all I can see is the 25 points stuck on my bench and Toby Alderweireld's sad face.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 1st January 2015, 7:50 PM GMT

When can we use the January Wild card?

*Checks to see how close you are in the table*

Try February 1st.

Or 29th.