BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 113

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 19th April 2014, 1:09 PM BST

Anyone else forget to pick their team because of the bank holiday? :) bought Ericsson and he's on the bench...

Yes, I've forgotten for two weeks in a row because I'm off work and have logs the routine completely!

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ 22nd April 2014, 7:49 PM BST

Yes, I've forgotten for two weeks in a row because I'm off work and have logs the routine completely!

Dan

The perfect storm this week. Two strikers out. Evra left out of side. Midfield/defence did nothing at all. At one point I did have 50 points. Then goals went flying in everywhere and I ended up bummimg out. Which neatly sums up everything since Christmas Angry

Quote: George Kaplan @ 22nd April 2014, 8:47 PM BST

Angry

F**king years I've spent trying to get rid of that picture of me, but someone always has to bring it up, don't they?

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ 22nd April 2014, 10:07 PM BST

Angry

F**king years I've spent trying to get rid of that picture of me, but someone always has to bring it up, don't they?

Dan

Laughing out loud

Might be time to remove "The Trees On Show" from your cv.

Quote: roscoff @ 22nd April 2014, 9:55 PM BST

The perfect storm this week. Two strikers out. Evra left out of side. Midfield/defence did nothing at all. At one point I did have 50 points. Then goals went flying in everywhere and I ended up bummimg out. Which neatly sums up everything since Christmas Angry

Swapping Rooney for Suárez and then captaining him paid dividends though. Can see that nothing much else went your way - just one of those freakish weekends. We've all had them, even our Great Leader. Might be a bonanza week for you next time around. :)

Quote: Ben @ 22nd April 2014, 6:52 PM BST

I've got nearly 300 points more at present than I got last season. A marked improvement and a nice two fingers up to that tosser Gerry who suggested that Shaggy was a better manager than I.

Just call me Mr Motivator :)

It's quite interesting to reflect upon the reasons why we improved or collapsed from last season. Here's a few early thoughts, feel free to add to the list.

Name: Ben
Reason: Motivated by Gerry

Name: Steve Sunshine
Reason: Fantasy Football Scout Platinum Membership

Name: Gerry
Reason: Bad Luck and possibly Black Magic from Godot

:D

Rolling eyes

Next year I'll keep an eye on the scout. Don't think I've bothered with their advice much this year. Didn't it turn into some agony aunt section with people writing in for help and certain requests being featured?

I think I might choose different letters next year.

Laughing out loud

Gerry's had some great momentum over the last few weeks
Only a few points behind Godot now

Name: Ben
Reason: Gave it a go & made transfers like a true Forfendian

Name: Steve Sunshine
Reason: Always thinking one week ahead

Name: Gerry
Reason: Thought it was still the previous season & rested hopes on Walcott & Van Persie

Name: Godot
Reason: He's finishing like an Arsenal

Name: Cap'Lan
Reason: The mini league matters too

Name: Badge
Reason: Bloody Complicated Game

Name: Shaggy
Reason: Didn't have a Scooby

Name: Dan Sweryt
Reason: Kirrin Island 6 coming soon

Name: Chappers
Reason: Old Age

Name: Alf Kipper
Reason: Bloody minded old fashioned elbow grease

Name: Rob H
Reason: Ricky Van Wolfswinkel

Name: Roscoff
Reason: Totally outfozzied

Name: Mr Splodge
Reason: Model of consistency

Name: Don Rushmore
Reason: Has played well but didn't buy Suarez early enough

Name: Horseradish

:D :D :D

Quite a bit of transfer activity. A few triple buys, but leading the field with the most uproar and turmoil is Dan The Logger Man's Uproar & Turmoil with a whopping FOUR transfers.