BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 110

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 12th April 2014, 8:42 PM BST

6th place actually gets you into the Euranohopa league

*Pours glass of sherry for Don as he joins Splodge & myself in the 2000+ lounge

*Covers up the word 'cooking' on the label

Huh, proof I really don't know how to play this game. Subbed in Azpilicueta because Terry was orange flagged and missed out on Terry's two bonus points.

Enjoy your sherry you old farts.

That's what's known in the trade as "Not doing a Gerry"

Toure out injured! And with Gerry on my tail!

"Please note Sylvain Distin received a caution during Everton's match against Sunderland on Saturday. The yellow card was omitted from the data feed on Saturday and now, having received clarification from the referee's report, Distin's points have been changed to reflect this. We apologise for any confusion caused."

Me and Steve gain 1pt; Godot has 2pts removed.

Mr Badge gains 2 pts for captaining Baines.

Quote: don rushmore @ 14th April 2014, 8:56 PM BST

"Please note Sylvain Distin received a caution during Everton's match against Sunderland on Saturday. The yellow card was omitted from the data feed on Saturday and now, having received clarification from the referee's report, Distin's points have been changed to reflect this. We apologise for any confusion caused."

Me and Steve gain 1pt; Godot has 2pts removed.

He had the yellow originally but then it disappeared so they're wrong again. Basically they got it right, then got it wrong, then got it right again. Funny how they take away my points retrospectively but don't give them back - as when McGregor's red card was rescinded.

Anyone got any West ham or Arsenal?

Shame about Toure
I can see a few others getting Silva in now

Prospective Silva owners might enjoy this - a simple points tally over the season.

Steve, Godot, Gerry and Splodge have owned or still own him.

STEVE
Owned for 6 weeks over two periods of ownership (26-28 Dec, 16 Mar -)

Total points: 44

GODOT
Owned for 10 weeks over two periods of ownership (21 Dec-16 Jan, 17 Jan- 7 Mar)

Total points: 42

GERRY
Owned for 19 weeks in one continuous period of ownership (26 Aug - 18 Jan)

Total points: 59

SPLODGE
Owned for 2 weeks (27 Dec - 1 Jan)

Total points: 2

Obviously a quick glance reveals that Steve has gained the most value from owning him and Gerry the least. Also worth considering is that Steve bought him at a lower price and that Gerry captained him at least once, so he really has been very poor value for Gerry.

It's clear that identifying quality players is of no real use in fantasy football - tapping their form is everything.

Godot also transferred him back in for a points hit one day after he transferred him out, which makes no sense at all - he must have been pissed.

If anyone wants to do it, I'd be interested in seeing a similar comparison of Christian Erickson over the season.

I've thought about Silva for Toure, but a voice is telling me no. Hopefully it's not the same voice that called out "Nicolas Anelka" in week one.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 16th April 2014, 2:13 AM BST

been pissed.

If anyone wants to do it, I'd be interested in seeing a similar comparison of Christian Erickson over the season.

I don't, because it's going to make for some painful reading...

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 16th April 2014, 2:13 AM BST

Prospective Silva owners might enjoy this - a simple points tally over the season.

Steve, Godot, Gerry and Splodge have owned or still own him.

STEVE
Owned for 6 weeks over two periods of ownership (26-28 Dec, 16 Mar -)

Total points: 44

GODOT
Owned for 10 weeks over two periods of ownership (21 Dec-16 Jan, 17 Jan- 7 Mar)

Total points: 42

GERRY
Owned for 19 weeks in one continuous period of ownership (26 Aug - 18 Jan)

Total points: 59

SPLODGE
Owned for 2 weeks (27 Dec - 1 Jan)

Total points: 2

Obviously a quick glance reveals that Steve has gained the most value from owning him...

It's clear that identifying quality players is of no real use in fantasy football - tapping their form is everything.

Steve "Streaker" Sunshine -

He may not recognize Ron Vlaar
But he's got a good eye for Silvar.

My badly timed buys include Lallana (poor streak after his England debut, so sold him just as he was about to hit form), and the enigmatic Oscar.

I put Silva in at the weekend and he got me 10 points. I had him earlier on in the season for a weeks, but he was less than sparkling then. He has entered a good period of for now though.

Team news v Sunderland. Agüero starts tonight. Dzeko & Silva rotated.

Wish one of the PL games was on the box. Will have to *make do* with the Copa Del Rey final instead.

Bugger - not even on the bench
Is Silva rotated rather than injured?

Injured. Again. One of the reasons I've never bought him, even when strongly tempted.

He also picks up a lot of yellows, and is a red card waiting to happen.

Palace 1-0 up against the Toffees. Puncheon again. Ross will be happy (& Don of course!)