BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 114

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 26th April 2014, 12:05 AM BST

Name: Ben
Reason: Gave it a go & made transfers like a true Forfendian

Name: Steve Sunshine
Reason: Always thinking one week ahead

Name: Gerry
Reason: Thought it was still the previous season & rested hopes on Walcott & Van Persie

Name: Godot
Reason: He's finishing like an Arsenal

Laughing out loud

Ben just holds on to players so long that their form improves and he looks like an early adopter.

Gerry's faith in Van Surplus was/is frightening. The stinking old Dutch Cheese is still the highest priced fantasy player, now exceptional value at just .1m more than Suarez.

Steve has won the league by a big margin and will receive fulsome praise from me in due course but if it hasn't been mostly luck then he will of course be able to replicate the feat next season.

I'm not sure I know what finishing like an Arsenal means, but they will win the FA Cup and qualify for Champion's League so it doesn't seem that bad to me.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 26th April 2014, 2:17 AM BST

I'm not sure I know what finishing like an Arsenal means, but they will win the FA Cup and qualify for Champion's League so it doesn't seem that bad to me.

But it could have been so much more...

Some interesting moves today, some predictable (Ramsay), others less so - Ross giving a first? Clique debut to Demichelis. Mata appearing on lots of team sheets, so let's hope Giggs is a fan.

Good spread of captains. Ramsey has returned in time to inflict pain and misery on me again, just like the first half of the season. Ben and Jerry Gerry have also resisted the Ramsey teat so far, as have one or two others. Personally speaking, I hope Pardew's boys keep him in a headlock on Monday, but no more headbutts, please!

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 26th April 2014, 12:05 AM BST

Name: Shaggy
Reason: Didn't have a Scooby

Name: Dan Sweryt
Reason: Kirrin Island 6 coming soon

Name: Chappers
Reason: Old Age

Name: Alf Kipper
Reason: Bloody minded old fashioned elbow grease

Laughing out loud - Very good Steve, Dan's (Dan's) particularly tickled me.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 26th April 2014, 1:29 PM BST

Some interesting moves today, some predictable (Ramsay), others less so - Ross giving a first? Clique debut to Demichelis. Mata appearing on lots of team sheets, so let's hope Giggs is a fan.

Good spread of captains. Ramsey has returned in time to inflict pain and misery on me again, just like the first half of the season. Ben and Jerry Gerry have also resisted the Ramsey teat so far, as have one or two others. Personally speaking, I hope Pardew's boys keep him in a headlock on Monday, but no more headbutts, please!

Lot of people relying on the new manager bounce at Old Trafford. Norwich is not a good team but neither is United. They're like ghosts in movies who haunt a place because they don't know they're dead.

They haven't cottoned on to the fact that they are a shit mid-table team and only have two world-class players, one of whom is an ugly fat c**t.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 26th April 2014, 1:29 PM BST

Mata appearing on lots of team sheets, so let's hope Giggs is a fan.

It appears he isn't. :(

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 26th April 2014, 5:09 PM BST

They haven't cottoned on to the fact that they are a shit mid-table team and only have two world-class players, one of whom is an ugly fat c**t.

F**king hell Laughing out loud

I can't say I'm a great fan of Manchester United, but I do like their banners:

The trouble is everyone is so 'over' united even the jokes aren't funny. Just prefer to watch other teams playing better football.

Well done to the Rooney captainers
Double bonus points to come

Another green arrow for Gerry, up to 4th tonight

Good to have a few points in the bag
They are just tidying up the 2300 lounge for tomorrow
Hope Gerry paid his bar bill last season

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 26th April 2014, 7:45 PM BST

Well done to the Rooney captainers
Double bonus points to come

The scores aren't even updated and you're championing Gerry temporarily going ahead of me? Weird.

I'm not championing it
just saying he's got some momentum at the minute.
I'll leave the news updates to George

The gameweek's not over until it's over
Otherwise we'd be letting Ben into the Lead the table at some stage lounge

No indeed. Gerry must be in dreamland with four goals - Norwich didn't play nearly as well as they did at Anfield last week.

I still defend my captaining Suarez. He should smash through defenders like Ake and Callas.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 26th April 2014, 7:45 PM BST

There's no 2nd, 3rd, 4th ... It's 1 winner and 13 losers.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 26th April 2014, 8:54 PM BST

I'll leave the news updates to George

Please don't. He's caught "image posting" Tourette's. I come here to read, not look at pictures.

Quote: don rushmore @ 27th April 2014, 2:47 AM BST

There's no 2nd, 3rd, 4th ... It's 1 winner and 13 losers.

Please don't. He's caught "image posting" Tourette's. I come here to read, not look at pictures.

*takes note, and will take his crayons to public toilets instead, though when he thinks it's Abba Gold (as above), will still indulge occasionally*

:D

In actual football news, Sunderland storm ahead to a two goal lead, and Sturridge not in the starting line-up. Chelsea's "Weakened" team doesn't appear to be so weak after all:

Chelsea starting XI: Schwarzer; Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Kalas, Cole; Lampard (c), Mikel, Matic; Salah, Ba, Schurrle

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 21st April 2014, 10:40 PM BST

I've just seen Gerry's overall rank from the last two seasons
2011/12 962nd
2012/13 710th.
Incredible!
I doubt that will be bettered

His record points score on the other hand, might just be reachable.

The record Clique points score was broken
And then I took a transfer hit while Tinkering, so it's still technically intact