BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 118

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 5th May 2014, 1:21 AM BST

It's not luck!
It's dedication

That's what I thought when I got loads of points. :)

I just checked my gameweek history and saw that I'm on my sixth red arrow on the trot. :O I have four red arrows from the first 19 weeks of the season and 12 from the second 18 weeks. Either I completely stopped following football, the season has been unusually unpredictable or it's mostly down to luck.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 5th May 2014, 1:20 PM BST

Don't worry, I've got Gerrard - he'll get 2pts.

Laughing out loud

That's a relief!

But red card would be even better. (Only joking.)

Thanks for not jinxing me with Sterling, but I see that we share Zabaleta, which is a concern. :)

Amalfitano might come good for you on Wednesday - just wish he'd done the business for me yesterday, and stopped Mertesacker picking up 8 points.

I could see Puncheon grabbing you a goal, or two, tonight, but that would be more problematic for you in terms of your title push.

You need to hope that Villa have one of their *good* days at the Etihad - they do have something about them, wildly unpredictable. Can't see West Ham doing anything there though.

Tonight could be tricky for you, but Newcastle shouldn't be a problem.

Are you a Liverpool fan as well Godot?

EDIT

After tonights result I think you must be

Quote: George Kaplan @ 4th May 2014, 10:14 PM BST

Mourinho's a pain in the arse with his team selections - almost like he's deliberately got it in for FF players. Though Giggs is already worse, ludicrously unpredictable

:O :( Angry :|

3 Man U players & only one of them in the squad, but on the bench
& so many injuries I'll have to take a couple of hits just to put a team out next week

Hopefully a few others have been trouble double game weeked

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 5th May 2014, 5:47 PM BST

Are you a Liverpool fan as well Godot?

EDIT

After tonights result I think you must be

No, I'm neutral, but I enjoy watching Liverpool play and spotted their potential a while before a lot of other people it seems - hence my choice of Scouse of Pain as my second team name, mentioned earlier in the thread.

I expected them to be top three this season.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 6th May 2014, 8:06 PM BST

I'll have to take a couple of hits just to put a team out next week

Hopefully a few others have been trouble double game weeked

I know you're quite a conservative and cautious bloke Steve, but I can't begin to get my mind round this level of circumspection. I bet you pick up pennies and save string.

You've won the f**king league by 150+ points. You don't even have to put out a team next week. How can you possibly be worrying about taking a hit?

Giggs kicked Evra out and left Jones and Smalling in. Is he nuts? They're not fit to clean his boots. They were both destroyed in the loss against Sunderland in the analysis. Quite right to!

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 6th May 2014, 10:31 PM BST

I know you're quite a conservative and cautious bloke Steve, but I can't begin to get my mind round this level of circumspection. I bet you pick up pennies and save string.

You've won the f**king league by 150+ points. You don't even have to put out a team next week. How can you possibly be worrying about taking a hit?

I'll have to take 3 at least
For a change I'll wait until Friday night

But you're right I think I can afford a few transfers & still win the BCG Clique league, so I'm not overly concerned
Would like to stay in the top 10k overall if possible though

Should've captained Dzeko this week. Silly points.

Quote: shaggy292 @ 7th May 2014, 10:29 PM BST

Should've captained Dzeko this week. Silly points.

Great week for you though. Congrats!

My City trio had me sweating, but came through for me in the end. Made up for yesterday's fiasco with Giggs.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 3rd May 2014, 2:17 PM BST

Made my transfer early this week and paid the price. If I had left it later I would have done Yaya and Wickham instead of Shrek and Amalfitano.

Rooney & Amalfitano = 2pts. Cost -4pts. Net gain = -2pts.

Yaya & Wickham = 24pts. Cost -4pts. Net gain = 20pts.

Best week for me for a while. Spanked Ben for a change (though I know he enjoyed it!). Closed in on Godot.
All to play for in Middle Earth.

A captain's performance from Yaya Toure last night. An assist in the 89th minute and a goal in the 93rd. Looking at the table this morning, those extra eighteen points have come in handy.

Just realised I can wait until Sat night for any transfers
Giving squad members a chance to recover before having a Tinker.

One round to go
& not stretched over a day or two, so that makes a change

It's definitely worth holding players - both Dzeko and Sterling scored four goals in consecutive games after I sold them.

But then I sat on Silva, Dzeko and Touré for four weeks and got one f**king assist so scotch that.