BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 120

Quote: shaggy292 @ 11th May 2014, 8:59 PM BST

Who would have thought the highest scoring player on the final day would be Carl Jenkinson?

His mum?

Even she's got Sagna in her team.

Don had the gap down to 8 points at one stage today and my plan to block him off failed spectacularly, but I managed to stumble over the line in second.

All in all, that was fun. I look forward to yet another failed title challenge next season...

Thanks for the congrats Don
I've made this as small as I could so apologies in advance

Apart from making one of my recent customary defensive transfer rickets
Skirtel???

I was pleased to win the overall British comedy guide league as well by a relatively measly 22 points.

But of course the Clique was the only league I really cared about
In fact finishing above Roscoff was the only thing I was bothered about in the beginning.

Moustache Fozzie FTW

Enjoyed the thread as usual & couldn't have done it with a nicer bunch, especially Splodge for the challenge & Godot for the hard luck stories & of course Mr Kaplan for holding it together.

Of course I was lucky, and it seems to have been a season of high scores where transfer hits don't matter as much.
All I ask is that my pre season odds improve for next season
10/1 would do

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 11th May 2014, 11:16 PM BST

In fact finishing above Roscoff was the only thing I was bothered about in the beginning.

Moustache Fozzie FTW

Lucky! Nice to beat Godot. Level on points but the table has me above him. That's good enough for me :). Anyone would think he had had some bad luck with Wild Cards and such!
I've had a blast and been worryingly addicted to the FL despite being a rugby fan. Fifth was better than expected but at Christmas thought I might do better. F**k! Impressive from the Sunshine see you all in August. Well done to the Swans for staying up. Wales Wave

It is perhaps fitting/funny that Godot has the only Red arrow on the whole final table
We may hear why shortly

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 11th May 2014, 11:16 PM BST

And how are you doing there?

If it's at the top of the page you can't resist can you?
You should join the BCG league next season OR
Being a Wolves fan doesn't preclude you from enjoying football

Wolves don't do Fantasy Football.

We do real football as we continue our climb towards Champions League football in 2016.

:)

Quote: Oldrocker @ 12th May 2014, 12:59 AM BST

Wolves don't do Fantasy Football.

We do real football as we continue our climb towards Champions League football in 2016.

:)

No, that is fantasy football!

Quote: George Kaplan @ 11th May 2014, 9:06 PM BST

His mum?

I've actually met Carl Jenkinson's Mum, rather bizarrely.

Has anyone else noticed the resemblance between the stand up comedian Eden Hazard and TV performer Lee Nelson?

I didn't see it til the Cardiff game.

Lee Nelson

Eden Hazard

Congratulations to Steve for winning the BCG clique by a convincing margin.

He's too modest to admit it but on GW26 he was 599th out of a field of 3,218,882 which is a simply stupendous achievement (especially for a man who didn't know the name of the Villa captain and played Ross Barkley for four weeks without having seen him play).

Some questioned his talent (alright, me and Don) but few could ignore his progress and consistency is a fairly reliable indicator of ability and Steve played strongly throughout the season, giving up very little ground.

There should be a prize - hopefully something we can remedy in future - but I know he will delight in lording it over us.

Well done Steve, you utter bastard.

Steve finished in the top 0.1% of all players, made an astronomical amount through perfectly timed transfer deals and never considered captaining Kevin de Bruyne at any stage, so a worthy champion all round.

Don and Gerry were unlucky that the season ended when it did, because they had the form and momentum.

And Chappers was unfortunate with his poor choice of password, because there was only one winner up to that point.

Well done, Steve!

I can only curse my poor form in the last quarter of the season.