BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 109

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 11th April 2014, 6:36 PM BST

It's been a strange season all round but I'm likely to finish in the same position as last year so I guess that shows consistency...

Consistent/Consistency - I always hear that word in my head with a French accent now, thanks to Wenger. This might be the first season his mantra fails him as far as Top 4 goes, though he'll doubtless still bang on about the "spirit" and "character" of his team, whatever happens.

Laughing out loud
Too late to change my mind now it's Signed Sealed & Delivered
He was great Lately.
I wish those days would come back once more.
I'd be Overjoyed

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 12th April 2014, 1:51 PM BST

Laughing out loud
Too late to change my mind now it's Signed Sealed & Delivered
He was great Lately.
I wish those days would come back once more.
I'd be Overjoyed

:D

Nice gag by Gerry on his team sheet. Had me fooled for a sec. Laughing out loud

I'd stay with Speroni if I were you Godot
He's a keeper

Wow, I'm the only person captaining Suarez this week. Of course I considered Yaya, but he's recovering from a knock and he won't be on pens with Aguero on the pitch.

Suarez has given at least one assist in all but 1 of the last eleven games. Even though he only has the one game you can't argue with that level of consistency.

Don't have lumbering sack-of-shit Lukaku to waste it on.

It was a tough week to choose
I had Baines right up to the early hours & then changed to Yaya at the last minute.

Glad I admitted my mistake buying Adam Johnson & took a hit to bring Eriksen back in.
Benching Gerrard was a tough decision, but if he does great I'll probably be happy anyway.

That goal from Eriksen in the fourth minute of extra time was hard to take. He even got maximum bonus with a yellow which you don't see often.

I brought him in as early as September but although he played well he was played too deep to get points.

Johnson is lazy and overrated but good mids have been thin on the ground this season.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 12th April 2014, 6:41 PM BST

I'd stay with Speroni if I were you Godot
He's a keeper

Tried to pay the season with one keeper as I often put the wrong one in last year. Thought I'd rely on save points when a CS wasn't on the cards, but it doesn't work.

Was a bit unlucky with McGregor but I should have realised Moyes would bench De Gea against Newcastle.

Last season I had a dead keeper
but this time I didn't want any players in that didn't play or have a good chance of playing.

Puncheon! Took a hit of negative 4 to put him in! The best decision I've made in about three months! Nothing else has bloody worked.

Quote: roscoff @ 12th April 2014, 7:57 PM BST

Puncheon! Took a hit of negative 4 to put him in! The best decision I've made in about three months! Nothing else has bloody worked.

Well done, mate!

I bought a Welsh Palace midfielder instead. :)

Did bring in Speroni back in January though - turned out to be one of my best buys.

I reluctantly dumped Eriksen when he had his back injury. He's easily the player I've bought/sold the most - I've lost count.

He was dynamite last Monday, so rather than playing it safe and waiting for the end of the week to buy him - I knew his price would go up - I swapped him for Schürrle there and then.

Of course the very next day, Hazard picked up a calf injury, so if I'd waited another day, I could have kept Schürrle after all.

Before Hazard's injury, I'd selected Baines to be my captain for this GW; Hazard's injury changed that. Looks like almost everyone's got Baines as VC; Badge has captained him and must be rubbing his hands right now.

I still have faith in Adam Johnson. So long as Poyet plays him against City, there's a chance he'll score/assist; there's the scoring against your old club syndrome. He's a real maverick. He was brilliant as a sub against West Ham, like friggin Zidane, then utterly clueless the next game against Spurs. Around the time of the Carling Cup final, he was linking up well with Borini, but Borini's form has dipped alarmingly which must be dispiriting for Johnson. Can't help Johnson's confidence much either when Poyet recalls Connor Wickham from his loan spell and immediately picks him ahead of him.

I was impressed to see Godot captaining Suarez - a brave move, and hope it pays off.

On a non FF note, I had a feeling this morning that Fulham might actually avoid relegation, even by Goal Difference, or whatever. Hope I'm right.

Badge making Baines captain rather inspired I think. I to have flirted with Eriksen but he blew so hot an cold gave up on him in the end. oh dear!

Talking of hot and cold, the battle for 6th is hotting up (2 pt gap).

6th place actually gets you into the Euranohopa league

*Pours glass of sherry for Don as he joins Splodge & myself in the 2000+ lounge

:)