The Thick Of It - Series 4 Page 11

Ben Swain was on fire. The acting when he thinks he's playing Nicola, Dan and Malcolm against each other was fantastic.

Technically Tucker outmanouvering Swain was more luck than skill, since it was his connection with the Nicola Murray email that did him in, and I'm guessing Tucker had no knowledge of that, or that Ollie was even going to produce an email as his bomb.

Quote: chipolata @ October 1 2012, 4:05 PM BST

Technically Tucker outmanouvering Swain was more luck than skill, since it was his connection with the Nicola Murray email that did him in, and I'm guessing Tucker had no knowledge of that, or that Ollie was even going to produce an email as his bomb.

Yeah, they knew they were going to f**k him over, they just didn't know how yet...

Quote: Aaron @ September 24 2012, 8:33 PM BST

Roger Allam is just fantastic. His delivery raises the most mundane of lines to beyond brilliant.

Agree wholeheartedly. Ever since he first appeared he's been brilliant. The relationship between him and Stuart is the best in the show.

This latest episode was excellent for pace and drama but agree that episode 3 was the funniest. In fact, I'm finding the 'Coalition' episodes much funnier than the politics going on in the 'Opposition' ones.

I know Armando said this might be the last series but I hope they do do the regular specials, as he alluded to. Any TTOI, even infrequently, would be a fantastic treat and whichever characters were in it, it wouldn't really matter.

Re: him writing it, I'm pretty sure he tweeted after returning after Veep (which is so close to being as good as this that you should all watch it) saying he was starting work on TTOI, so I'm pretty sure he was very involved, if not writing the actual scripts.

Dan

Quote: Aaron @ September 24 2012, 8:33 PM BST

Roger Allam is just fantastic. His delivery raises the most mundane of lines to beyond brilliant.

Absolutely different class; pretty much national treasure status now.

Back to the best this week. Tucker was raining down his acerbic lines like a turret. "I want him leaking like Cliff Richard out jogging" Laughing out loud

Tucker referring to Glenn as "the old man from Up" is pure win...

Pissed off about this not being on tonight. Way to treat your best and probably only decent sitcom currently running, BBC.

Quote: chipolata @ October 6 2012, 5:37 PM BST

Pissed off about this not being on tonight. Way to treat your best and probably only decent sitcom currently running, BBC.

F**king A. Is there really nothing else that could have made way for the Beatles love in?

Forgot to watch this the last few weeks, will do tonight though. Just noticed it's not on tonight, doh :$

Head over to iPlayer and pretend.

This is a disgrace! I like The Beatles but to break up this series is not on. If I were Iannucci I'd be furious. Angry

My speakers are naff so I wouldn't really enjoy it online but may take a look.

Quote: Pingl @ October 6 2012, 7:37 PM BST

if I were Iannucci I'd be furious. Angry

I don't expect Iannucci is surprised by anything the Beeb do

Whenever I see Chris Addison, all I can think of now is a Quentin Blake illustration...