The Thick Of It - Series 4

Work on scripts starts next week according to Armando Iannucci's Twitter and this: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/8403447/New-series-of-The-Thick-of-It-commissioned.html

Good! :)

Dan

Good news. It's going to be quite a while between series then as the last series finish in December 2009 and I'm not expecting Series 4 to air until the autumn at least.

Good to see they will continue to parallel the real world as it will give a fresh angle to Malcolm, hopefully with time off to be a media tart like Campbell. It's good they've left it for a year for the ConDems to take shape. William Hague's hapless (or unlucky) handling of the Libyan crisis is looking very TTOI lately.

Just found a little snippet of script draft for S4!

Olly: ... well people like that stuff, Kyle and Wright stuff -

Malcolm: Yeah well I'm still lobbying for the first live action 'celebrity' deathmatch, so I can watch with enough grenades to get the hoop earings to keep Croydon's finest on heat till the next millenia!
'Cause what we really need's a few more open twats for those two nobends to profit off. Ahh, and so the cycle of depth rejection continues...

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd sooner wait to see it on screen than read purported script leaks.

Yeah, it doesn't quite work if it's not actually shouted by Malcolm himself.

I tend not to even read the thread if I haven't seen the latest episode of something anyway!

Dan

Looking forward to this. Along with Peep Show, it's the best modern British sitcom there is.

Quote: swerytd @ June 20 2011, 9:45 AM BST

I tend not to even read the thread if I haven't seen the latest episode of something anyway!

Pussy.

Not listening lalalalalala!

Dan

Quote: chipolata @ June 20 2011, 10:08 AM BST

Pussy.

But you barely know him :O

You'd think, wouldn't you? But, in a massive coincidence, it turns out that he's 'BigBanana43' as written on that toilet wall...

Dan

Recording starts this month! http://www.denofgeek.com/television/1279516/the_thick_of_it_series_4_starts_shooting_this_month.html

Dan

About bloody time!

Wahey!

According to Iannucci, filming for the new series is complete. There will be 7 episodes, to be aired this Autumn.

Quote: Leeward @ June 4 2012, 4:33 PM BST

According to Iannucci, filming for the new series is complete. There will be 7 episodes, to be aired this Autumn.

I absolutely cannot wait! Fabulous series, quality characters.