The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 588

The Krauts'll sort Brazil out, they have absolutely no trouble with being party poopers in host nation countries. I reckon they'll enjoy it so much they might break into a goose step like one of them did against England in euro96; Muller or Voller was it?

What a load of crap Belgium were throughout, completely fooled the bookmakers. Clueless in midfield. Holland are creaking but their efforts have somehow made me think they could finally win WC. I see 3 horrible grinding draws ahead tho. Happens every WC from QFs. With the present format you get great football and loads of goals in the group stage but then everyone locks up in the knockouts. If the final's like last time I'm turning telly off. Angry FIFA still haven't got it right. All that money and they still can't get the best out of the WC.

Big gamble by Van Gaal putting Krul on for the penalties, but it paid off and gets marked down as a tactical stroke of genius.

I thought Sneijder was fantastic last night. It's a real shame he didn't come to Man Utd in the past. Even though he's 30 now, I think he could still contribute something to the midfield if Van Gaal can persuade him to come.

The new Man Utd kit is awful. The massive Chevrolet logo is grotesque. I can't even remember the last time I liked one of their kits.

The Forest away kit this year is really rather smart. I may invest in it for the first time in years!

There's always something very attractive about a girl in a football top.

Quote: Ben @ 7th July 2014, 7:56 PM BST

There's always something very attractive about a girl in a football top.

Here's one

The krauts are gonna win this about 7-0

Brazil's defence is bloody atrocious !!!

I think Fernandinho has taken a bung!

Shit bastard

What defence would that be then?

I've been saying all tournament that the Brazilian defence is highly suspect. They've given up.

Get Nottingham Forest FC out there.

We'd give the Germans a game.

So, the next 60 minutes are going to be a bit difficult for the Brazilians

5-0

Astonishing

Incredible

Never seen anything like this in a World Cup before

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 8th July 2014, 9:28 PM BST

So, the next 60 minutes are going to be a bit difficult for the Brazilians

I had a fiver on Brazil. Do you think I ought to up my bet? They're 100/1 now!

Sechs, anyone?