The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 592

Quote: Oldrocker @ 13th July 2014, 6:22 PM BST

What do you think % wise will be the audiences tonight?

BBC / ITV

Well apart from the fact ITV have advert breaks BBC have Lineker but really I can't be arsed with all the buildup and "experts". It's all a waste of time and money to me.

When I was about 12 I used to love FA Cup Final day because they'd have programmes from about 9am. Now though I just turn on for the kick-off, make something to eat or drink at half time and switch off at the end - unless there's something really juicy missed by the officials.

60-40 I'd say.

Rang my mum about 8 o'clock expecting a 9 o'clock kick off and she told me it had already started so I missed the first 10 minutes.

That Muller is a tart. I hope the Argies give him something to really make him "fall over".

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 13th July 2014, 8:56 PM BST

I'm not buying the hype that this is "The greatest World Cup ever".

This is possibly the shittiest-ever (since the last shittiest-ever): two matches implicated in match-fixing, another extremely suspicious result in which one team was observed to not even be trying..

..and now a final of such one-sided possession from one team and total (seeming) incompetence from the other, as to complete my belief in the theory that all is corrupted.

(I won't mention the lack of black Brazilians in the home crowds).

Good effing riddance when this fiasco is over.

The group stages were great, the knockout rounds not as good, but certainly better than the last few World Cups.

Quote: Chappers @ 13th July 2014, 8:58 PM BST

...expecting a 9 o'clock kick off and she told me it had already started so I missed the first 10 minutes.

Same here...only I missed the first 25 minutes.

Well, 1982 had Zico and Socrates at their peak, so it's difficult to argue with that. Nonetheless, I was in utero during that World Cup and can't remember any World Cup football until Italia 90.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 13th July 2014, 9:45 PM BST

..and those puffed-up Brazilian poseurs LOST! (2nd group stage) - to a MUCH better team, that the Press didn't rate at all.

THAT was a good World Cup.

I'm glad that, at some point in your life, you were visited by happiness.

Feck!
Bloody Germans.

Poor final really

Excellent finish for the goal

Meh!

Nice for the boy who scored the goal. I'll bet his mammy will really piss folk off at the next coffee morning.

Worked well for me :) the pill went in the box!

Shitty f**king jammy cheating bastard Germans!

Quote: Chappers @ 13th July 2014, 11:26 PM BST

Shitty f**king jammy cheating bastard Germans!

Nooooo! Soor-faced swine Argentinians. Poor losers when they should be happy to come second. No mean feat.

World Cup 2014: Louis van Gaal wants Man Utd to emulate Dutch.

What? Finish third?

Quote: keewik @ 13th July 2014, 11:33 PM BST

Nooooo! Soor-faced swine Argentinians. Poor losers when they should be happy to come second. No mean feat.

I always get really involved when I should be neutral.

I can't watch a game not caring who would win.

That's three finals now between Argentina & Germany
And the only good game was the one that Argentina won