The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 590

This lot would annihilate England

It would be like Barcelona versus Rochdale

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 8th July 2014, 9:38 PM BST

Maybe a 6-1 or 7-1 in the end.

You're right, dude.

(Seven)

David Luiz was rubbish.

I haven't seen a Brazilian that shaky since Michael J. Fox tried his hand in the waxing salon business.

Oh my God!

I forget who I have in the works sweepstake, now where is that bit of paper again
Oh yes Germany!

Told my 11 year old as went up to bed that he'll be talking about that game when he's my age.
Astonishing.

Extra time is a coming...

Penalties! Gah!

I think Germany have got this to be honest. They will stick to Messi like a limpet and I don't think Argentina will have enough to beat them.

Tactical blunder there by Van Gaal keeping the same keeper on

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 9th July 2014, 11:48 PM BST

Tactical blunder there by Van Gaal keeping the same keeper on

It's a Krul summer now you're gone...or something. Just as West Ham won the World Cup for England in 1966 - Mertesacker, Ozil and Podolski will win it for Arsenal.

Come on you Kraut Gunners!

Quote: Jennie @ 9th July 2014, 11:46 PM BST

I think Germany have got this to be honest. They will stick to Messi like a limpet and I don't think Argentina will have enough to beat them.

This. Don`t cry for Argentina.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 10th July 2014, 12:15 AM BST

Just as West Ham won the World Cup for England in 1966 - Mertesacker, Ozil and Podolski will win it for Arsenal.

...or Lahm, Müller and Neuer for Bayern München. You could only beat them with their own weapons, i.e. a diving Robben.

I'd like be smug that all my money is riding on Germany. But I am not. Monday however I hope will be a different story :)

Suarez set to seal a £75m move to Barca apparently.
On one hand, it's a shame, because I would have liked to see him lead another title challenge for Liverpool this coming season, and when he behaves himself he's almost unplayable and a joy to watch.
But...I'm fed up of the negative headlines, as I'm sure he is, and I'm sick of the petulant behaviour that rears its head too often.
Hope Liverpool spend the money wisely. Even as an Arsenal fan, I would have loved them to nick it last season.

And new Southampton boss Ronald Koeman has been quoted saying that Southampton are "not a selling club". Looking forward to seeing his face when someone tells him why Lambert, Shaw and Lallana haven't turned up for training!