The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 595

Quote: Ben @ 27th July 2014, 8:31 PM BST

I think that's a penalty that Financial Fair Play can impose at the moment. Whether it ever gets imposed on a team is another matter...

I read an article about the way FFP is structured and basically it prohibits any other teams breaking into the elite.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th July 2014, 6:02 PM BST

Who cares about football in YOUR country?

Racist!

'Hmm'

"strokes chin"

'Wonder if I said I only wanted £5000pw, I could get a game at Southampton?'

Sad day. Chelsea have finally sold Lukaku. He must've really pissed off Mourinho.

Glad to see Southampton have gone back to red and white stripes instead of those hideous red things.

Quote: Chappers @ 30th July 2014, 10:39 PM BST

Sad day. Chelsea have finally sold Lukaku. He must've really pissed off Mourinho.

I'm with the 'special one'. I can't see an ageing lumbering striker being the answer to his goal shy forward problems.

We'll have to see how Costa gets on. Not sure why Mourinho was keen to hold on to Torres (so far), but not Lukaku.

Ravel Morrison would appear to be a bit of a tosser.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 31st July 2014, 1:41 PM BST

Ravel Morrison would appear to be a bit of a tosser.

That goes without saying but what's he done now?

Quote: Chappers @ 31st July 2014, 5:58 PM BST

That goes without saying but what's he done now?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-28581181

Didn't he get arrested for assault once before?

Quote: Ben @ 31st July 2014, 9:06 PM BST

Didn't he get arrested for assault once before?

From Wiki .

In early 2011, he received a 12-month referral order and was ordered to pay £1,445 in costs and compensation after admitting two counts of witness intimidation.[42][43] After an assault charge was dropped when Morrison's girlfriend refused to testify, he was convicted of criminal damage for throwing her mobile phone out of a window and advised to undergo domestic violence counselling.[44] In February 2012, Morrison was involved in controversy after posting a homophobic threat on Twitter.[45] He was charged under FA rule E3, which governs use of abusive and/or insulting words including reference to a person's sexual orientation, and accepted his guilt.[46] He was fined £7,000.[47]

Morrison was remanded in custody on 31 July 2014 after being charged with two counts of common assault against a former girlfriend and her mother.[48]

He should go back to QPR and make a good partnership with Barton.

Good news! I'm finally going to Old Trafford! Got a ticket for the Man Utd v Palace game in November.

Going to be an expensive day...

Quote: Ben @ 31st July 2014, 10:48 PM BST

Good news! I'm finally going to Old Trafford! Got a ticket for the Man Utd v Palace game in November.

Chappers will be delighted for you. Took my son when he went through the inevitable Man U phase. It basically frightened the life out of him due not to Manc fans but Everton away support threatening to break through the steward line where we were sitting. Never looked at the Toffee's in the same way again really. (They were getting thrashed at the time but that's no excuse)

Quote: Ben @ 31st July 2014, 10:48 PM BST

It's not compulsory you know.

Quote: roscoff @ 31st July 2014, 10:53 PM BST

Chappers will be delighted for you. Took my son when he went through the inevitable Man U phase. It basically frightened the life out of him due not to Manc fans but Everton away support threatening to break through the steward line where we were sitting. Never looked at the Toffee's in the same way again really. (They were getting thrashed at the time but that's no excuse)

I sympathise - but it's not really their "home" fans that are a problem. Their "Away" following used to be some of the most vicious and nasty going - OK next to Chelsea and West Ham.