The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 594

Quote: Ben @ 21st July 2014, 6:25 PM BST

Hummels to United? I hope so!

Bollocks to United!

Anyone recall how irate Steven Gerrard was when Harry Rednapp claimed some English footballers didn't want to be picked for the national team?

Steven Gerrard has just announced that he doesn't want to be picked for the national team.

Hypocrite.

By the way when writing this my autocorrect changed Harry's name to Red nappies.

Quote: Badge @ 22nd July 2014, 10:25 AM BST

Anyone recall how irate Steven Gerrard was when Harry Rednapp claimed some English footballers didn't want to be picked for the national team?

Steven Gerrard has just announced that he doesn't want to be picked for the national team.

Hypocrite.

Laughing out loud

Actually maybe he's thinking of England in this case.

Incidentally was reading about David Bentley - "The New Beckham" who has retired from football at 29 because he doesn't enjoy it anymore.

An interestingly titled article.

Dicks finds women's football refreshing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28403835

Why on Earth have they re-appointed Dunga as Brazil's manager? His style of management was hardly inspiring which is what Brazil needs right now.

F**king tosser.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28421879

Apart from screwing up all the leagues below the Championship would it really help our national team?

New Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has criticised the club's pre-season tour schedule in America.

Well you want the f**king money you greedy bastards!

And how's this for a kit? Would you buy a replica if you were their supporter?

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014/7/23/5928217/cultural-y-deportiva-leonesa-tuxedo-kit-hummel

Good start for United under Van Gaal! The future's promising! Right, Chappers?

Quote: Ben @ 24th July 2014, 10:17 PM BST

Good start for United under Van Gaal! The future's promising! Right, Chappers?

If you guage things on one friendly result then you obviously don't know much about football.

:)

Quote: Chappers @ 24th July 2014, 10:36 PM BST

If you guage things on one friendly result then you obviously don't know much about football.

:)

Well Moyes lost his first game in dismal fashion and the rest was history...

The FA council is too male and white.

Heather Rabbatts is the only woman on the FA board.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28499047

It's ridiculous really regarding women because how many are involved or interested in football comparatively?

I get the "White" bias thing but again how many others want or try to get involved?

Quote: Chappers @ 21st July 2014, 7:22 PM BST

Bollocks to United!

Replacing Fellaini I believe. Good move.

Very tough competition for CL slots now, I wonder which one of the big 5 won't make it. Can't see either Manchester club or Arsenal losing out, at the mo I'd have to say Liverpool seem the likeliest to fall short, they haven't proved to be consistent season to season for 20 odd years. Chelsea are too tough and solid to wobble that much, their bus is already in the CL carpark.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 27th July 2014, 1:12 PM BST

Replacing Fellaini I believe. Good move.

Very tough competition for CL slots now, I wonder which one of the big 5 won't make it. .

It's time the Premier League shook things up. One of two rules would suffice. Either you get docked points if you finish in debt at the end of the season. Number of points commensurate with amount of debt. Or if you finish in debt you can't be in the CL. Either rule would radically change the face of football in this country. You may even see home grown players start to make their way through the squad system a la Southampton. The end of the big 5 which is no bad thing in my opinion :)

Quote: roscoff @ 27th July 2014, 2:19 PM BST

Either rule would radically change the face of football in this country.

Who cares about football in YOUR country?

Quote: roscoff @ 27th July 2014, 2:19 PM BST

Or if you finish in debt you can't be in the CL.

I think that's a penalty that Financial Fair Play can impose at the moment. Whether it ever gets imposed on a team is another matter...