The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 597

Hull are through.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th August 2014, 9:43 PM BST

Hull are through.

What? In Receivership ?

Yes- something to do with the colours.

Celtic are extremely lucky. It was really stupid of Legia but when something similar happened before there was a replay.

Maybe because the player was suspended having been sent off.

Watford 3 - Bolton 0

:(

Football can go suck a dick

It's only the first game.

My lot lost 2-1 away today but first home game Tuesday.

Lots of transfer rumours at the moment. Always a frustrating time of year.

Man Utd currently 'close' to getting Di Maria, Vidal AND Cuadrado. Not sure how they would all fit in with the current squad. I'd be happy with just Vidal to be honest. Di Maria seems a bit lightweight and I know very little about Cuadrado.

Di Maria's great. He can swing a game.

Great result for the mighty reds today (albeit I heard Blackpool rang my dad up to see if he fancied a game, so short were they of players).

Will be an interesting season for us. Still sad we sold Lascelles and Darlow, but I think there is more to that story than has come out.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 9th August 2014, 10:00 PM BST

Di Maria's great. He can swing a game.

Until he gets a Premier League boot swung at him once too often!

Leeds have gone backwards yet again and a return to their natural home looks further and further away every sodding year. How is it Man City and Southampton both did it in five minutes and before the big money men came in and a club with a more glorious past and not supposedly skint keep sliding back towards the old third div? And where the eff did they get Hockaday from? Never heard of him.

Quote: Ben @ 9th August 2014, 9:59 PM BST

Lots of transfer rumours at the moment. Always a frustrating time of year.

Man Utd currently 'close' to getting Di Maria, Vidal AND Cuadrado. Not sure how they would all fit in with the current squad. I'd be happy with just Vidal to be honest. Di Maria seems a bit lightweight and I know very little about Cuadrado.

Yeah it's way too ambitious and with Mata and Rooney getting mistaken for each other now you have to question if any of these new midfield stars will play regularly and when foreign stars don't get much gametime they are known to get huffy and their attitude starts stinking the club out.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 9th August 2014, 11:12 PM BST

Yeah it's way too ambitious and with Mata and Rooney getting mistaken for each other now you have to question if any of these new midfield stars will play regularly and when foreign stars don't get much gametime they are known to get huffy and their attitude starts stinking the club out.

But they're the greatest club in the world. Surely everyone is bending over backwards to join them.

Can someone please explain to me why Arsenal's captain can't get into the team?

It doesn't make any sense to me.

And Hibs goalie scores.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/28731459