The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 600

Curses! Foiled once again by the mighty Chappers . . . .

Angry

You're all assuming that the loss against Swansea was due to man United being poor and not Swansea being well organised and efficient. Which they were. Having said that United lacked anyone willing to run at the defence. I suggest they look for a Sterling solution.

Quote: roscoff @ 18th August 2014, 10:19 PM BST

You're all assuming that the loss against Swansea was due to man United being poor and not Swansea being well organised and efficient. Which they were. Having said that United lacked anyone willing to run at the defence. I suggest they look for a Sterling solution.

I hope not.

Yes Swansea were good but Manchester United are ordinary.

I thought Swansea were fairly average. Not the relegation fodder that many have labelled them as, but certainly not at their best. And why have they sent Michu out on loan?!

Quote: Ben @ 19th August 2014, 9:55 PM BST

I thought Swansea were fairly average. Not the relegation fodder that many have labelled them as, but certainly not at their best. And why have they sent Michu out on loan?!

If they were average what does that make Manchester United?

Quote: Chappers @ 19th August 2014, 10:24 PM BST

If they were average what does that make Manchester United?

I commented on their performance on the last page. Please try to keep up, old chap.

Utd appear to have signed Rojo all bar a medical. Don't know much about him, so unsure whether he's going to help. I'd still like them to sign Vidal as he's what they need in midfield. That pursuit seems to have gone cold though.

Someone said that of their starting 11 last week only Rooney could possibly get into the first team of Chelsea or Manchester City.

Quote: Chappers @ 19th August 2014, 10:41 PM BST

Someone said that of their starting 11 last week only Rooney could possibly get into the first team of Chelsea or Manchester City.

What's the matter with Mata. Once he was the golden boy? Van Gargle has really got a lot of building to do. It's a shame he's gone shopping abroad. Surely he should be looking at the youth team and bringing through.

Quote: roscoff @ 20th August 2014, 9:28 PM BST

What's the matter with Mata. Once he was the golden boy? Van Gargle has really got a lot of building to do. It's a shame he's gone shopping abroad. Surely he should be looking at the youth team and bringing through.

Did you not see Blackett and Lingard start against Swansea?! Sadly they didn't look up to much. James Wilson, though, seems to have an eye for goal.

If Rojo gets straight into his world cup form then it's a good buy, and it's good bye to 30m Shaw who hasn't played one game yet. Bye, most expensive defender ever Wave

Balotelli back on our telly. BTW MOTD is 50 today, I shall be watching its celebration prog, should be plenty of mullets, pony tails, long hair, short shorts, long balls, even longer shorts, overcrowded stadiums, half empty stadiums, terrible pitches, awful tackles, awful misses, awful reffing, awful clichés from commentators, awful coats on commentators, some funny looking studio sets and some funny looking bloke with a big chin.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 23rd August 2014, 8:48 AM BST

BTW MOTD is 50 today, I shall be watching its celebration prog, should be plenty of mullets, pony tails, long hair, short shorts, long balls, even longer shorts, overcrowded stadiums, half empty stadiums, terrible pitches, awful tackles, awful misses, awful reffing, awful clichés from commentators, awful coats on commentators, some funny looking studio sets and some funny looking bloke with a big chin.

I always preferred "The Big Match".

You didn't need set designers in those days, or poncey furniture out of the Tardis.

And they had the best commentator.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 23rd August 2014, 8:48 AM BST

If Rojo gets straight into his world cup form then it's a good buy, and it's good bye to 30m Shaw who hasn't played one game yet. Bye, most expensive defender ever Wave

Balotelli back on our telly. BTW MOTD is 50 today, I shall be watching its celebration prog, should be plenty of mullets, pony tails, long hair, short shorts, long balls, even longer shorts, overcrowded stadiums, half empty stadiums, terrible pitches, awful tackles, awful misses, awful reffing, awful clichés from commentators, awful coats on commentators, some funny looking studio sets and some funny looking bloke with a big chin.

I missed it. Any sign of Sutton United?

Well, that's the three relegated teams seen to.

I saw the league table this morning. Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool. They should finish the season now.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd August 2014, 9:20 PM BST

I saw the league table this morning. Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool. They should finish the season now.

Not yet. When Sunderland beat MU they might be in the relegation places (he says without looking at the table)