The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 583

Quote: Jennie @ 24th June 2014, 11:12 PM BST

He should play no further part in this World Cup and Liverpool really need to consider their position.

Why? See the French game tonight? See Giroud put his elbow into some defenders cheek? The other day he took two out with one header. It was like something out of Enter the Dragon.

But he does it with such sang froid! His good looks, homo-grooming and twat's hair hide the fact that he's a really dirty player and has been for years.

There were four or five broken noses from elbows in the premier league last year - N'Zonzi, Vidic, Torres - I can't remember them all. An elbow to the side of the head could damage the middle ear or even inner ear. It features in unarmed combat training and is far more dangerous and baleful than a Suarez bite.

Suarez didn't even bite Chielinni, he pinched him with his teeth. It's closer to a scratch with nails than a real bite and essentially is just about the least harmful assault you'll see on a football field.

We find it shocking because we associate biting with infection but it will be ridiculous if he gets a two year ban when Giroud didn't even get a yellow card.

Not for the first time Joey barton is right!

Yeah, just a little pinch. More of an affectionate nuzzle really.

9 matches and 4 months for Jaws

Pretty pathetic really

I'd force him to wear a muzzle

The f**king retarded freak

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 26th June 2014, 8:12 AM BST

Yeah, just a little pinch. More of an affectionate nuzzle really.

Think before you write. I'm urging you. THINK.

You bite into an apple - you remove flesh from the apple. Suarez didn't bite Chielinni, he pinched him with his teeth. It is more properly a 'nip'.

If you - personally - had to endure a football style assault, which would you rather have?

A. Suarez nip

B. Studs up lunging tackle

C. Elbow to the face.

The answer is A. B and C are dealt out regularly by players who receive no sanction let alone a f**king four month ban.

Quote: lofthouse @ 26th June 2014, 3:08 PM BST

I'd force him to wear a muzzle

That's why you don't hold a position of any responsibility in football or anywhere else and why no-one ever comes to you for advice.

Aren't you a Chelsea supporter? You have no right to criticise anyone for fouling. (apologies if you're not a Chelsea supporter).

Godot reality is a nettle few like to grasp but it's a more mature approach than clutching at straws.
Suarez's intent alone is worthy of the ban given that it was the third time he has bitten on the field of play. Not to mention cheating Ghana out of the last World cup and his racist taunting on a fellow professional.
Citing other types of injuries and fouls does not equate to creating a viable excuse. Because if you take away the hype and the dollars it is a sport and he was unsportsmanlike, so he has been banned by the games governing body it really is that simple.
Should you wish to start a campaign calling for heavy bans on the other infringements you have outlined you are free to do so and I would happily sign up to it.
In the interim it would be foolish to continue with juxtaposing possible infringements as a form of defence, as it is a pointless exercise.
Suarez's ban reflects the feelings of an awful lot of people many of them will be Liverpool fans, who may love his skill but must loathe his attitude when it comes to biting people when things aren't going his way.

Stephen, you're right the ban does reflect the opinions of a lot of people but those opinions are actually borderline psychotic in many cases and show how hateful and stupid they are - 'ban him for two years', 'lifetime ban' etc.

Including this latest suspension Suarez will have received 34 weeks-worth of footballing bans without having been shown a single red card. If that doesn't make you think something is wrong then I don't know what will.

The 'biting' is lamentable but I genuinely think it is not in the same league as the other fouls I have described. It has no capacity to injure a player, it's just distasteful and the reactions to it are inflated by that distaste.

Incidentally, the 'racist' incident with Evra is tendentious - 'Negrito' is a diminutive and is essentially like calling someone 'boy'. It's disrespectful, not racist. But concepts of racism in football are so warped John Terry can get prosecuted for it after leaving a game with his arm around the neck of a black player.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 26th June 2014, 3:46 PM BST

You bite into an apple - you remove flesh from the apple. Suarez didn't bite Chielinni, he pinched him with his teeth. It is more properly a 'nip'.

If you - personally - had to endure a football style assault, which would you rather have?

A. Suarez nip

C. Elbow to the face.

The answer is A. B and C are dealt out regularly by players who receive no sanction let alone a f**king four month ban.

That's why you don't hold a position of any responsibility in football or anywhere else and why no-one ever comes to you for advice.

Aren't you a Chelsea supporter? You have no right to criticise anyone for fouling. (apologies if you're not a Chelsea supporter).

No I'm a Bolton fan

And the muzzle comment was just me messing

No need to be so f**king serious and nasty about it

Ya big miserable c**t!

F**k off

I think it's a fair sentence that Suarez has received.

A bite certainly won't ever be as severe as a studs up challenge and won't end any careers, but I don't think it's possible to carry out an accidental bite whereas a tackle can easily go tits up. It also opens up the debate of what society considers 'acceptable violence' on the pitch. An elbow will be glossed over a "a bit violent", but a bite conjures up animalistic, base instincts which horrors the public - much like Godot's comment on infection. So, yes, it's hyped up, but there's no smoke without f**king fire.

Anyway, Herrera to Man Utd! Only seen very limited footage of him over the last couple of years, but he appears to have some good feet.

A. Suarez nip

C. Elbow to the face.

What the f**k are you on tonight
:S

I say again . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_st29mlQwU

Among the World elite:

Cameroon nul points

Australia nul points

Japan un point

England un point

Honduras nul points

Iran un point

Ghana un point

South Korea un point.

Shaw now a Man United player! I'm feeling hopeful about United for the first time in a year.

Quote: Ben @ 27th June 2014, 6:34 PM BST

Shaw now a Man United player! I'm feeling hopeful about United for the first time in a year.

Daft money though, for an infant.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 25th June 2014, 11:49 PM BST

So which one is worse?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_st29mlQwU

I wish Keans was back to do that to Barton.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 26th June 2014, 12:57 AM BST

We find it shocking because we associate biting with infection but it will be ridiculous if he gets a two year ban when Giroud didn't even get a yellow card.

No. We associate biting with a spoilt little brat. Most kids grow out of it at about the age of 5.

Quote: Ben @ 26th June 2014, 10:24 PM BST

Anyway, Herrera to Man Utd! Only seen very limited footage of him over the last couple of years, but he appears to have some good feet.

Quote: Ben @ 27th June 2014, 6:34 PM BST

Can't grow your own again eh so you have to plunder others. There's only been one period really when they bred a group of youngsters.

A. Suarez nip

C. Elbow to the face.

The question should be, which one would you expect? People got in the ring with Mike Tyson expecting to get a punch in the face, but he bit their ears off.

The only time a Uruguayan sportsman is allowed to bite anyone is if his plane goes down in the f**king Andes.