Britain's Best Loved Sitcoms
A new poll across all age groups to find the nation's most loved sitcom. Narrated by Tamsin Greig
- Channel 4
- 2 (1 series)
- Brendan O'Carroll, Richard Wilson, Tony Robinson, Ricky Tomlinson, Wendy Craig, Dave Spikey, John Challis, Stephen K Amos and others
- Mike Williams, Lucy Kenwright and Marcus Harben
Narrated by Tamsin Greig, this two-part series pays homage to the shows that have made us laugh out loud in our millions over the past half century.
From modern game-changers like The Office, Twenty Twelve, Mrs Brown's Boys and Peep Show, all the way back to old-school classics such as The Likely Lads, Dad's Army and Steptoe and Son - via perennial favourites Blackadder, Only Fools and Horses and Fawlty Towers - which one will come out on top?
Channel 4 commissioned a brand new poll of all age groups across the country to find out - with the results to be counted down to the nation's most revered sitcom of all. The programme features interviews with a host of famous faces from situation comedy, including Brendan O'Carroll, Richard Wilson, Tony Robinson, Ricky Tomlinson, Wendy Craig, Patricia Routledge, Leslie Ash and Alison Steadman - as well as some of the writers and producers. The countdown is packed with great clips as well as fascinating, but less well-known facts and insights.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Saturday 3rd October 2015 on Channel 4 at 8pm
- Last new broadcast
- Saturday 10th October 2015 on Channel 4 at 8pm
- Length of episodes
- 1 hour
- Last repeat
- Monday 5th April 2021 at 2:15am on More4