- 2012 - 2019
- 104 (8 series), plus 3 flashback specials
- Ben Bailey Smith and Paul Rose
- Simon Lowe, Dan Wright, Daniel Kerr, Lewis Brindley, Layton Blake, Chloe Davison, Grace McIntosh, Cara Jenkins and others
- Paul Rose, Mark Oswin, Gerard Foster, Madeleine Brettingham and Julia Kent
- Matt Bloom, Dermot Boyd, Julie Edwards, John Howlett, Tim Hopewell, Alex Jacob, Emma Sullivan and Ian Aryeh
- Spencer Campbell, Julia Kent, Dominic MacDonald and Stuart Blackburn
Comedy about the pupils at a school.
The first few series focus on Josh Carter. He is master of all he surveys - particularly his school, the run-down Elmsbury High. His art of manipulating everyone and everything on school grounds is second only to his desire to become a rap superstar. But Josh's perfect world soon comes crumbling down. Ten years ago, another Carter named Nathan walked out of Elmsbury High in disgrace having spent his entire time as a pupil creating mischief of the highest order. Funnily enough, his art of manipulating everyone and everything on school grounds was second only to his desire to become a rap superstar. Now he's washed up. He's hit rock bottom. In fact - lower than rock bottom: he's training to be a teacher. His first placement: Elmsbury High, where the same Head remembers him with disgust, the custard is still served by the slice and a 13 year-old boy is about to embark on an all out war with his own brother.
In the second series we see less of Nathan, as he leaves Elmsbury to take up a teaching post in Scotland. Another young teacher called Dexter enthusiastically steps up to run the 4 O'Clock Club in his place. Dexter is also the new lodger at Josh's house.
The third series started with Nathan and Miss Poppy's wedding day. Josh is now forced to share his room with his annoying cousin Nero. Meanwhile Elmsbury burns down and so the pupils go to a new school for a bit, Fowlmere.
Series 4 saw the departure of Josh and some of the other characters who had been in the show from the start. The programme shifted to focus more on Dexter and Nero.
Series 7, is when it is time for Nero to leave Elmsbury. As a result, the action shifts again, this time to focus more on characters including Polly.
Highlights from the third series were shown in the programme The 4 O'Clock Files.
- Production company
- Also known as
- Four O'Clock Club (Other official name)
- 4 O'Clock Club: Flashbacks
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Friday 13th January 2012 on CBBC at 5:30pm
- Last new broadcast
- Wednesday 24th April 2019 on CBBC at 5pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Wednesday 17th July 2019 at 10:20am