Status report Page 6,132

I got the train into Sutton and it was only when I arrived that I remembered there's a railway strike today.

Scab!

I'll ignore the spelling mistake and say I was actually joking

Quote: Lazzard @ 21st June 2022, 9:37 PM

I'll ignore the spelling mistake and say I was actually joking

?

WOW! As a big Elvis Costello and the Attractions fan, I see that keyboard player Steve Nieve is playing in a tiny club down the road from where I live. When is it? Bugger! I'll be on holiday in Jersey at the time.

Ben might be interested.
Yesterday I went to a Turkish barbers. It's quite the experience.
My 'busty lady' hairdresser has packed it in due to the pandemic.

They were a comical lot. When asked what I wanted, I said 'what do you recommend?
He said ' maybe I shave it all off and we start again.

He continued 'We give you special for £10.... OK!

Next news, my head is in the sink under hot water and he has hands in my ear holes and up my nostrils washing my entire head.
Then steaming hot towels on my chin while he lathers up shaving cream and sharpens his 'cut-throat on a strop.
After that, he put a cupped handfull of aftershave on that stung like f**k.

When the haircut was done, without asking, he treble sprayed it with hairspray that set solid.
I walked out of the shop to a gentle breeze. Not a hair on my head moved.

My constituents postbag is currently fulls.

Fulls of complaints from people who are sick to death of having to stand next to illegals who stink of cannabis as they are lawfully in the newsagents merely queuing to buy their cigarettes.

A lot of correspondence coming in currently from 43 year old people who insist that they weren't born in Godalming at 3.37pm on a lovely summer's day in 1979. As I have been fully explaining in my replies to them, they were only tiny little babies at the time so they couldn't possibly know.

Mostly I am finding it is the women who write to me. Now that we have legislation on equal rights for all, I obviously have no problem with this whatsoever. As I further explain to them, they are perfectly at liberty in 2022 not only to have an opinion about such a matter but also to express it.

And if that is a highly unconventional one, which generally it is, then I am sure that this can be tolerated to some extent too.

Teddy spent the hottest night ever recorded writing a scene that takes place in a snow covered London. So if it ever makes the screen they may ask me to cut out the fact that all the characters are eating lolly ices.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 20th July 2022, 8:05 AM

Teddy spent the hottest night ever recorded writing a scene that takes place in a snow covered London. So if it ever makes the screen they may ask me to cut out the fact that all the characters are eating lolly ices.

?

Other people have burst pipes in the winter - not me, I have them in the hot weather!

Plaited wired bound flexi pipe burst under the bathroom basin this morning, but Hey, that's progress for you - copper pipes are so yesterday

Had a bacon butty with Toby Jones (the actor) this morning.
A proper big film crew and production set up were filming a new series at a place I sometimes work.
I just queued up at the catering wagon with the rest and got a free sandwich.
They're filming a new series about the Yorkshire rippers victims.

Getting ready to head to the airport for a quick flight to Denver to visit my daughter and the grandkids. Looking forward to (slightly) cooler temperatures.

My son and his wife just finished booking their honeymoon to Portugal. I'm going to meet them later in Munich and Prague. I'd thought about stopping off in England along the way, but I settled on someplace new: Krakow. What says "relaxing holiday" more than an excursion to Aushwitz, a salt mine, and a city full of war refugees?

Krakow is very beautiful - great buildings & history.
I shot a commercial there in the 90's.
I should imagine the food has improved since then....

Quote: Lazzard @ 29th July 2022, 6:03 PM

I should imagine the food has improved since then....

As long as the beer is still in good shape, I should be ok.

Quote: DaButt @ 29th July 2022, 6:08 PM

As long as the beer is still in good shape, I should be ok.

Pretty sure it still passes muster.
Sampled plenty when I was there - but that's film crews for you!