Status report Page 6,134

Recently I keep biting my tongue whilst eating too

Hurts like a muthaf**ka

Quote: lofthouse @ 9th August 2022, 9:24 PM

Recently I keep biting my tongue whilst eating too

Hurts like a muthaf**ka

Another thing I used to do as a sign of anxiety I believe. Anyway I wasn't young at the time but grew out of it.

Just come back from having my 3 yearly DVLA eye test, and it seems I have passed it with flying colours, and now I should receive a brown envelope from them with a stiff plastic card in it - it being my new driving licence, which will make a change from driving without one for the last 6 months!

One is a happy bunny ?

I'll give Bedfordshire a miss for a while I think.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 11th August 2022, 6:57 PM

I'll give Bedfordshire a miss for a while I think.

Wha? That's rich, coming from someone who lives in Lancashire.

My daughter landed in London a few hours ago. Looks like she's in for some warm weather.

Yes, peaking on Sunday, then hopefully there'll be rain for that week.

We're getting our first respite from 100F+ temperatures in two months, though it's still very hot. Looks like London will be slightly warmer than here Sunday.

Quote: DaButt @ 12th August 2022, 1:37 PM

Looks like London will be slightly warmer than here Sunday.

I certainly wouldn't want to be in the Smoke, this weekend

Or any.

Just put 10 gallons of home-brewed London Pride in kegs. The preliminary sample tasted like...London Pride. Two days ago, my daughter sent me a photo of a shelf full of bottles of Landlord, so I guess I'll brew some of that next. Earlier today, she sent a photo of herself tucking into a pie from Huddleston Butchers in Windermere, but I don't have the energy to whip up a pie, so I'll have to settle for a burrito.

I buy 5l kegs of London Pride from Fuller's brewery.
It says on the keg, once opened, consume within 3 days.
I always obey.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 17th August 2022, 10:11 PM

I buy 5l kegs of London Pride from Fuller's brewery.
It says on the keg, once opened, consume within 3 days.
I always obey.

Some rules are worth following.

Ben went to a dinosaur exhibition earlier, it consisted of fossils and animatronic models obvs.

The only real dinosaur there was, tee hee, myself.

Started brewing 10 gallons of my favorite dark mild before the sun rose. Gotta try to get it done before the hottest part of the day.