Status report Page 6,137

Quote: Chappers @ 9th September 2022, 5:20 PM

I'm working on my entry for an online Novel writing competition.

I've been working on it for ages and struggling up to 41,000 words. Not sure how much to add. There's nothing in the rules for a minimum word count. Anyway, I did a fair bit yesterday but struggled today.

Is it called "An idiot's guide to posting on forums" ?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th September 2022, 11:13 PM

Is it called "An idiot's guide to posting on forums" ?

Did you want a copy?

YES! Providing you can autograph it for me on the title page, with your usual X

Teddy is still looking for work and getting more desperate by the hour as I am looking for work in a country that's in mourning and business confidence is very low. .
He did dream of being able to feed himself through his writing but now he is looking for anything as the bills mount and the rent gets higher.
Still onwards and upwards perhaps today is the day he finds a job and once he does he can get back to writing in his spare time and who knows his pen may yet provide his bread.

Good to hear from you, Tedward.

It's nice to post again as my confidence is as low as my job chances but I'll get there.... because I have to .

Well, welcome - and I'm sure you will.
Same as ever here - usual suspects acting like dicks but, hey-ho!
Did you get any further with script?

I took on board what you said and decided to make Curious flawed from the get go and it was working well. But then I lost my job and that is taking up every waking thought so as soon as I get a new one I'll be on it with every spare minute as it was coming together nicely to be honest.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 15th September 2022, 11:15 AM

I took on board what you said and decided to make Curious flawed from the get go and it was working well. But then I lost my job and that is taking up every waking thought so as soon as I get a new one I'll be on it with every spare minute as it was coming together nicely to be honest.

Good.

Aga fired up.
Usually like to wait till last week of September - but it's getting a bit chilly up on our windy hill.

Still its nice to have a hill as well as as Aga.
Back in the early 70's I lived down by the docks and my mates and I worked for a man who had the contract to take out the cooking and heating ranges that they they had on every floor of the old warehouses all along the docks including the Albert Dock.
It was hard work with no safety measures so you often walked on the beams because there was no floor to get to them. But the were amazing cast iron capers often with 8 doors and drawers and the kept the floor warm and workers cooked on them.
Even if they accidently dropped a floor as you got them out of the wall they were still intact they were that solid.
He must have made a bomb out of them and I bet they are all working just as good today as they were solid. If I ever make it I would get one of them as I love cooking and I loved how those ranges looked and worked.
One time he even got us to climb on the outsides and get the ornate joists and hoists they had over the loading bays . I don't think he had a contract for that but he gave us 30 quid a pop for them so despite being 12 floors up we still climbed out and got them down.

Ours is an old 50's job.
Coal fired.
It's like being a stoker on The Titanic in our kichen.

They are amazing things they really are, some of the ones we got had crests cast on the doors and they came from boiler makers in Belfast . They also had rows of Ulster sinks in the toilets and if they were intact we got five quid a pop. Sounds like easy money in the 70's but you should see two lads carrying one of them downstairs that had steps missing and no rails. These days people use them as flower pots.

Fantastic Wilco concert at the stunning Red Rocks venue last night. Getting ready to say goodbye to my granddaughter and make the 30-mile drive to the airport.

Just googled it - that's one hell of a venue!