Status report Page 6,141

Ow!
(Arm-ache post jab)

Quote: Lazzard @ 8th October 2022, 11:22 AM

Ow!
(Arm-ache post jab)

Oh dear - wimp.

Just come back from my flu jab, now they want me to have a shingles one - never been asked that before and it was put to me that it was the norm - really? Since when has the shingles jab been on a par with flu or Covid. Odd

Quote: Lazzard @ 8th October 2022, 11:22 AM

Ow!
(Arm-ache post jab)

Told you!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th October 2022, 11:41 AM

Just come back from my flu jab, now they want me to have a shingles one - never been asked that before and it was put to me that it was the norm - really? Since when has the shingles jab been on a par with flu or Covid. Odd

Yes, the sibling's had one. It's only for people in their 70s so it'll be a long time before I qualify. Well, one year and one week anyway..

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 8th October 2022, 1:17 PM

Told you!

Yes, the sibling's had one. It's only for people in their 70s so it'll be a long time before I qualify. Well, one year and one week anyway..

OK, but I've been having the flu jab for a number of years now, and have never been offered or mention made of a shingles one - presumably this is something "new" that has reared its ugly head?
No mass clinic like this morning - I have to make an appointment next week. Oh well, half an hour on the phone again, starting at 7:59.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 8th October 2022, 1:17 PM

It's only for people in their 70s

It's approved for (and recommended for) anyone over 50 in the States. I haven't had it, but many of my friends have.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th October 2022, 11:05 PM

Thank you Dave - I'll let you know when I'm due to go under the knife. ?

I had one and nearly fainted before "going under the knife!" What a wimp!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th October 2022, 11:41 AM

Oh dear - wimp.

I also had shingles about 7 years ago.

What can I trump you with?

By the way since having my eye done in the words of the Who "I can see for miles."

Quote: Chappers @ 8th October 2022, 8:55 PM

I had one and nearly fainted before "going under the knife!" What a wimp!

I also had shingles about 7 years ago.

By the way since having my eye done in the words of the Who "I can see for miles."

Yup, had my left eye done about 5 years ago to see if it would improve the sight in that eye - it didn't. What I was worried about was if it went wrong, what with the lack of sight in my left eye, I would be virtually blind. The op. is quite simple and been done for years - it's just that 1 in 1500 that can go wrong.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th October 2022, 8:55 PM

I see your cataract op. and.................

Bet you haven't had a Trabeculectomy on one of your eyes, where they cut a little trap door in the white of your eye to relieve the pressure. ?........... under a local.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th October 2022, 12:07 AM

Yup, had my left eye done about 5 years ago to see if it would improve the sight in that eye - it didn't. What I was worried about was if it went wrong, what with the lack of sight in my left eye, I would be virtually blind. The op. is quite simple and been done for years - it's just that 1 in 1500 that can go wrong.

I see your cataract op. and.................

Bet you haven't had a Trabeculectomy on one of your eyes, where they cut a little trap door in the white of your eye to relieve the pressure. ?........... under a local.

Not yet. I can't wait!

Just found out a dear friend of mine has died, aged 73 - yet another one gone younger than me.

They have been picking them from our pen for a while now.

So, I finally got round to reporting a mains water leak in our road, that has been seeping up through the tarmac for some weeks now, and when I did, it appears it had been already reported four times previous - the first time on September 6th (this year ?) Who you gonna call? ?

(Yes, I know I've used this photo before, but there's been redundancies)

To be fair to Yorkshire water, 6 months ago I got up for a 4 o clock piss and the water was off.
I called them because water was running down the road.
By 7 o clock they had mended the leak just in time for the neighbours morning tea.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th October 2022, 11:28 PM

Love it!

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 12th October 2022, 12:43 PM

To be fair to Yorkshire water, 6 months ago I got up for a 4 o clock piss and the water was off.

Shouldn't you have gone to Hospital?