Status report Page 6,145

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th January 2023, 10:03 AM

The Dentist is taking the tooth out next Monday, no matter what.

Where is he taking it? The pictures? A Restaurant?

Quote: Chappers @ 4th January 2023, 8:53 PM

?

The zoo?!

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th January 2023, 1:05 PM

Mine came out yesterday. But don't worry - I still can't eat anything but soup and scrambled eggs.

All finished off by a rinse of warm water with a teaspoonful of salt. For the next 4/5 days.

Mine would have been out over a week ago, if it hadn't been for the effin' infection at the root of it, but thank you for your assurance. ?

Quote: Kenneth @ 4th January 2023, 2:39 PM

How much is expensive? I have about half a dozen small bottles of clove oil about the place, having over-purchased when I last had tooth trouble. Costs about US$1 a bottle in Indonesia (admittedly, the Spice Islands and home of the clove).
Don't overdo it on the clove oil though. It's nasty stuff and doesn't counter a really severe toothache - just a nasty, fleeting numbing. Best you can do is regularly rinse with salty water and never touch the mouthwash rinses.

Bloody Hell! It's taken my little old tooth to have you reappear after 10 months absence - I feel honoured. ?

I've been charged anything from £3.50 to £5 for a 10ml bottle, but as far as I'm concerned it's well worth it for the temporary relief, and have no ill effects from it. I usually only use it to cover the time it takes for the pain-killers to work.

Quote: Chappers @ 4th January 2023, 8:53 PM

It's no laughing matter, not that I can do that at the moment, and it's alright for you, because yours all come out at night and live in a glass of water on your bedside cupboard.

Well, had the tooth out, and it was a bastard! Don't want to go through that again, and am now on painkillers.

That little f**ker did not want to part company with my gob, which had some 3 lots of local injected into it.

But I did get a lollipop for being so brave. 😉

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th January 2023, 2:51 PM

That's your dentist securing his future business.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th January 2023, 1:05 PM

Mine came out yesterday. But don't worry - I still can't eat anything but soup and scrambled eggs.

All finished off by a rinse of warm water with a teaspoonful of salt. For the next 4/5 days.

I'd like to know how yours seems to have been so quick and easy.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th January 2023, 12:32 AM

I'd like to know how yours seems to have been so quick and easy.

I never said it was quick and easy.

The extraction itself wasn't too bad actually although not a particularly pleasant experience. But I was still on painkillers when I got home and overnight. Then the post-extraction regime needed to kick in. Warm soup for the first couple of days before progressing on to mashed potatoes & minced meat. And the salt water rinse for 5 days.

It wasn't really until day 5 that I felt confident enough to try anything more adventurous. And I'm still very wary about brushing around the area.

Ta - I feel slightly better

Unbeknown to me, I had a crack in my lower left lateral incisor, so the nerve inside the tooth was inflamed.
My dentist - a lovely lady, injected me three times around the area but could not numb it.
She gave me the choice of an extraction without painkillers or waiting a week to see if it settled down.
After ten days of extreme pain, I chose the former.

Warning me it would hurt, she put her tools on it and started pulling and twisting. The pain rating scale doesn't go to where this went.
She had to put her knee on me to get leverage.
As it came away I let out an involuntary 'f**king hell' and immediately felt embarrassed and said sorry.
She was out of breath with beads of sweat on her forehead and replied 'It's ok, I would have said that too.

Why on earth didn't they give you a general?

It was a here-and-now situation.
Anything to bring relief.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th January 2023, 2:51 PM

Well, had the tooth out, and it was a bastard! Don't want to go through that again, and am now on painkillers.

That little f**ker did not want to part company with my gob, which had some 3 lots of local injected into it.

Similar experience for me when I had an emergency appointment and an X-ray showed two infected teeth which was a wisdom tooth and the one next to it. With one local injection the wisdom tooth came out in seconds and I didn't even feel it. The other one was not as simple and I needed 7 local injections because I was in so much agony. The dentist even said that was the maximum anaesthetic injections permitted. Eventually it came out and the root was black from infection which the dentist said was causing all that pain. Afterwards she took a long drink of water and was sweating so I think it was an ordeal for both of us. Because of crushing the gum while loosening the tooth it damaged blood vessels which caused a lot of blood and a large open wound which took months to heal. The dentist was amazing though very friendly and patient.

I know the name...and recognise the avitar... oh aye, it's Tarby

Happy new year and best wishes Ste.

I'm going to see this later this month.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/entertainment-arts-64230628

How about you Monkhouse?