Status report Page 6,144

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th December 2022, 5:31 AM

In case you are wondering, or even care. ? Here I am at 5:30 in the morning, hoping I can get and emergency dentist today to take out this bloody tooth that is playing me up! Grrrrrrrrrrrr

I'd assumed that, like the Ivy League of old, you couldn't sleep at night, tossing and turning.

However, me too (lost a crown over a croissant the day before Christmas Eve). Saw the dentist on the 28th and made an appointment for an extraction on Friday 13th(!) After two disturbed nights and an abundance of painkillers, I have just managed to bring it forward to 10.20 next Tuesday.

Best of luck with your travails.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 30th December 2022, 8:22 AM

Best of luck with your travails.

Ta......

Well managed to get an emergency dentist (at my regular dentist - apparently, every week between Christmas and New Year, they have a clinic for emergencies only, with one dentist on call) Anyway, he said he could take it out and risk infection or clear that up first, which should (!) make the pain go away.
So I opted for the safer (coward's) anti-biotics for a week.

Ben made some French Onion soup earlier. It was pretty nice - with some cheese encrusted croutons on top - but rather expensive and time consuming to make for what it was. There's still some in the fridge if anyone wants a bowl.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th December 2022, 10:41 AM

Ta......

Well managed to get an emergency dentist (at my regular dentist - apparently, every week between Christmas and New Year, they have a clinic for emergencies only, with one dentist on call) Anyway, he said he could take it out and risk infection or clear that up first, which should (!) make the pain go away.
So I opted for the safer (coward's) anti-biotics for a week.

Not thought about tying a bit of string round it, then tying the other end to the door handle and slamming the door?

Quote: Chappers @ 30th December 2022, 7:39 PM

Not thought about tying a bit of string round it, then tying the other end to the door handle and slamming the door?

You may have done that in your pre-war youth, but not for me, thank you.

**EDIT And you working at a hospital? Is it a Crimean one?

Quote: Chappers @ 30th December 2022, 7:39 PM

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th December 2022, 11:43 PM

You may have done that in your pre-war youth, but not for me, thank you.

Reminds me of this scene from Men Behaving Badly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGc3XofyL70

Seriously though, best of luck to you and Billy Bunter. I'm no stranger to tooth troubles either - not fun.

Thank you. Like the Men Behaving, and goes to show why you shouldn't do that, as any infection can get into your system by swallowing, and then you can have big problems.

Well, here I am again,
But in not so much pain.
(Is that what they mean by poets suffering for their work)

I think there is nothing worse than toothache, as it's in yer faggot tunnel, so eating is difficult, and it's in your head.
The anti-biotics are slowly kicking in, but I'm not impressed with Co-codamol - I think I'll get some more Anadin Extra, today, as that did seem to dull the pain.

BUT the one thing that has got me through this, is Clove Oil. It's expensive, and stings, but does completely kill the pain temporarily.

Quote: a plate @ 31st December 2022, 1:36 AM

Seriously though, best of luck to you and Billy Bunter. I'm no stranger to tooth troubles either - not fun.

Thanks. Can't get anything done over the Bank Holiday weekend, that's the problem.

Happy New Year everybody....

Happy New Year (from 2022).

And so the painful saga drags on - went to the dentist again yesterday, and he says he cannot do anything until the infection clears up, and to this end, has given me some extra strong anti-biotics (no alcohol, no problem, I don't drink) and is taking the tooth out next Monday, no matter what.

In the meantime, if you like "eating" nothing but soup and scrambled eggs, you're on a winner!

But what makes it worse, is I've got a fridge full of post Christmas goodies that I can't eat...........and choccie bics, and Christmas cake, and mince pies, and..............................

Bung 'em all in a blender

Christmas smoothie!

What, cold sausages, Christmas pud etc...............bork

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th January 2023, 10:03 AM

And so the painful saga drags on - went to the dentist again yesterday, and he says he cannot do anything until the infection clears up, and to this end, has given me some extra strong anti-biotics (no alcohol, no problem, I don't drink) and is taking the tooth out next Monday, no matter what.

In the meantime, if you like "eating" nothing but soup and scrambled eggs, you're on a winner!

But what makes it worse, is I've got a fridge full of post Christmas goodies that I can't eat...........and choccie bics, and Christmas cake, and mince pies, and..............................

Mine came out yesterday. But don't worry - I still can't eat anything but soup and scrambled eggs.

All finished off by a rinse of warm water with a teaspoonful of salt. For the next 4/5 days.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st December 2022, 6:12 AM

BUT the one thing that has got me through this, is Clove Oil. It's expensive, and stings, but does completely kill the pain temporarily.

How much is expensive? I have about half a dozen small bottles of clove oil about the place, having over-purchased when I last had tooth trouble. Costs about US$1 a bottle in Indonesia (admittedly, the Spice Islands and home of the clove).
Don't overdo it on the clove oil though. It's nasty stuff and doesn't counter a really severe toothache - just a nasty, fleeting numbing. Best you can do is regularly rinse with salty water and never touch the mouthwash rinses.