Status report Page 6,187

:D

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 23rd April 2024, 9:03 AM

Oh dear, the police are on their way. Quick, post a Palestine flag instead.

St George is also the Patron Saint of Palestine - so sort of appropriate.

Quote: Lazzard @ 23rd April 2024, 9:48 AM

St George is also the Patron Saint of Palestine - so sort of appropriate.

Bastard! Sitting on the fence again

I started a new job yesterday, and my boss said I'd be working from home for at least three weeks, so I decided to do so from my daughter's house in Denver. Currently twiddling my thumbs at the airport.

Missed my connecting flight in Dallas, so stuck here for another two hours. Resisting the urge to gulp down a few $15 beers.

Bloody hell pal, you spend any more time in airports you'll be sprouting wings ✈️

Had a Covid booster jab this morning - only available for 'ancients' at the moment - now starting to suffer a little bit

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th April 2024, 4:55 PM

Had a Covid booster jab this morning - only available for 'ancients' at the moment - now starting to suffer a little bit

I'm too young.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 26th April 2024, 6:38 PM

I'm too young.

Enjoy that while you can, but tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock - you're not far behind me 😆

EDIT ** Am now feeling the effects of it 😒

Quote: lofthouse @ 24th April 2024, 5:35 PM

Bloody hell pal, you spend any more time in airports you'll be sprouting wings ✈️

Back at the airport for the flight home. Drinking a beer on company time. :)

I've also booked trips to Seattle in June, New York and Washington DC in July, and Idaho in October. I also need to squeeze in a trip to visit my parents in Florida.

I'm taking advantage of the "unlimited" time off at my new job. It was worth the $5,000 pay cut.

The life of flippin Riley 🤯

Voted.

Recently moved to the countryside from a busy town centre. I've gone from 24/7 emergency vehicle sirens to the sounds of horses and my neighbours using a chainsaw to cut up wood for an open fire.

My chess took a big dip while moving and almost let my chess.com account expire but salvaged it and now have to recoup the -300 points from time outs. Still open invitation to anyone who thinks they know how to play chess...

Quote: lofthouse @ 2nd May 2024, 2:54 PM

The life of flippin Riley 🤯

Not even close, my friend. My family is the most important thing in my life, so when they live in four cities between 1,000 and 2,000 miles away, I book flights to see them as often as possible. I'm not flying in first class. ;)

Quote: Lazzard @ 2nd May 2024, 2:58 PM

Voted.

I don't know who's running for what, but I'll bet your choices are better than a senile 81-year-old and a 77-year-old insufferable narcissist.

Quote: DaButt @ 2nd May 2024, 3:28 PM

Not even close, my friend. My family is the most important thing in my life, so when they live in four cities between 1,000 and 2,000 miles away, I book flights to see them as often as possible. I'm not flying in first class. ;)

I don't know who's running for what, but I'll bet your choices are better than a senile 81-year-old and a 77-year-old insufferable narcissist.

Just local - in our case for the regional Police Chief.
My man hasn't a hope of winning, but there you go - you do what you can!