Status report Page 6,186

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 14th April 2024, 3:56 PM

:D I saw a picture of her monkey with a very funny quote by Nina but having trouble finding it now. Something along the lines of a career of having a fist up it. Supremely talented and funny.

Never found her remotely funny whatsoever, and in fact got on my nerves - thank heavens she's not on TV so much now (at all?) as it saves me changing channel.

Getting ready to sign out of the unit I work with; on Monday I return to the job I left 13 months ago. I'm taking a $5,000 annual pay cut, and I'll have to work 12-hour night shifts, but that means an extra 72 days off every year, and the company now offers "unlimited" paid time off on top of that. I plan to take a full seven days off every month (it'll only require two of those "unlimited" days), so now my family visits will be more frequent and longer than just a quick three-day visit. I'll also have more time to work on household projects.

I hate saying goodbye to coworkers. I have a lot of good friends that I'll miss a lot, even though our offices are less than a mile apart.

I'm speaking to you today from my new all singing all dancing custom-built PC tower, which has not only a 1 Gb solid-state operating drive, but also 2 x internal solid-state storage devices of 2 Tb each and a solid-state external device of 2 Tb. Also has 2 x optical DVD drives.

Hopefully I won't run out of storage space this time! 😁

All that money spent , just so you can post drivel on here 😁🤣😋

Quote: lofthouse @ 20th April 2024, 11:28 AM

All that money spent , just so you can post drivel on here 😁🤣😋

No, you see you have got it wrong yet again - it is you that posts the drivel, whereas peeps like me try to point out how tiresome and boring you are - one day it will dawn on you, but until then I suppose we will have to put up with it.

Apart from, do you seriously think I have bought it just to post on here - if so, you are very much mistaken, as I have a life outside of BCG, whereas you seem to want to cling on to the few "friends" you have on here - it must be a very sad life for you.
Just you and your emojis that you are so passionate about, considering the amount you use of them - you do realise they are not real, don't you? Aww, bless............

🐖 mooo!!

Quote: lofthouse @ 20th April 2024, 3:16 PM

🐖 mooo!!

Farm animal impersonations - Good Heavens, your talent knows no bounds. I'm impressed, and I expect you're the star turn at the village fete

Leave it Herc, we've all had a drink, he's not worth it.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st April 2024, 8:19 AM

Leave it Herc, we've all had a drink, he's not worth it.

But I don't drink, and I was hoping he was going to go through his whole repertoire. I wonder if he's released a DVD of his farmyard impersonations?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th April 2024, 9:06 AM

I'm speaking to you today from my new all singing all dancing custom-built PC tower, which has not only a 1 Gb solid-state operating drive, but also 2 x internal solid-state storage devices of 2 Tb each and a solid-state external device of 2 Tb. Also has 2 x optical DVD drives.

Hopefully I won't run out of storage space this time! 😁

For years I kept putting off switching to a solid state drive and only did when my old drive failed and was forced to. Boots up in seconds, software loads faster and so much easier to install.

Not a thread I visit much, for rather obvious reasons, but maybe I should - The bitchiness on here is a treat! 🙂Keep it up, all.

I don't know what they're spreading on next door's field, but you might want to give Tyrell's Crisps a miss next year.

Also, in Local News...

Our village always puts a bit of something on for St.George's - bit of bunting, music in the pub garden etc
This year there's a bloody march with lot's of aggressive flag waving and some knights in stupid armour.
The country is losing it's mind.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 21st April 2024, 1:54 PM

For years I kept putting off switching to a solid state drive and only did when my old drive failed and was forced to. Boots up in seconds, software loads faster and so much easier to install.

My whole system is mega quick - worth every penny I spent on it, if only to see the end of all that frustration with my old system and Windows 10

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st April 2024, 2:33 PM

Not a thread I visit much, for rather obvious reasons, but maybe I should - The bitchiness on here is a treat! 🙂Keep it up, all.

Wha? You will find only nice peeps in IT - can I sort anything for you? A sandwich mayhap? Peeled grape?

Happy St George's Day!

Oh dear, the police are on their way. Quick, post a Palestine flag instead.