Status report Page 6,127

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 18th April 2022, 3:08 PM

Saw a new grave today with a video tablet embedded into the marble headstone with a film of the person's life on a loop.

How old were they when they died? They must've been quite young.

Just reminiscing.

I suppose I was only about three when I met Attila the Hun. He would babysit for my little sister and also go down Tescos to buy a bit of shopping for my Nan. Many people got him all wrong in those days. Actually he stood for the Liberal Party in 1965 round my way and although I was only five feet two at the time I could still reach most letterboxes. So, yes, I did a lot of leafletting for him and he was very grateful even though he came in third. And - wouldn't you know it : call it sod's law - I got bitten by a tarantula who some idiot had as a pet which sank its teeth into my neck unexpectedly.

I doubt that many people now have even heard of Garry Kasparov but he was quite a promising prospect in chess although being four months younger than me, We used to draw out a chessboard on Uncle Attila's chest and teach ourselves excellence in that way. And once a month on a Sunday afternoon all of us would go hang gliding, scuba diving and quickly off to do a bit of travelling to the moon to be back in time to hear "Sing Something Simple". Sadly it meant that I couldn't hear "Family Favourites" every week but I reassure myself that we did huge amounts for oppressed minorities.

It is just a damned shame how Attila the Hun is today.

Are you okay, Horseradish? :)

Quote: Aaron @ 26th April 2022, 12:33 PM

Mustn't grumble thank you.

Quote: Aaron @ 26th April 2022, 12:33 PM

What took you so long?

I realised today that not everyone in the country is of exactly the same skin colour.

Is this a very recent phenomenon or could it simply be that I have never noticed it before?

Quote: Chappers @ 19th April 2022, 9:21 AM

How old were they when they died? They must've been quite young.

Walked by again today. She was 37. I watched the whole video.
Being a bit creeped out turned to incredible sadness and emotion.

How on earth is the battery kept charged?

Quote: lofthouse @ 26th April 2022, 7:52 PM

How on earth is the battery kept charged?

You don't want to know.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 26th April 2022, 6:14 PM

Walked by again today. She was 37. I watched the whole video.

Is there audio, or is it silent? Just curious.

No audio and there is a solar cell panel behind.
It goes through her life literally from cradle to grave.

That does seem a bit creepy
But I'm sure it's nice in a way as well, perhaps the future of gravestones
For me they could show a video of all the times my jokes died before I finally followed them

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th April 2022, 3:14 PM

Bloomin' heck. Dunno what to say about that, as I've always found the ones with photographs of the dead person on the headstone a bit creepy.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 26th April 2022, 10:32 PM

That does seem a bit creepy

Quote: A Horseradish @ 26th April 2022, 1:26 PM

Mustn't grumble thank you.

I think you are on the wrong forum

:D