Status report Page 6,131

Quote: A Horseradish @ 8th June 2022, 12:10 PM

So why when boxer shorts are identical to shorts and swimming trunks are identical to underpants is it totally acceptable to answer a ring at your front door or even walk along a pavement when you are in shorts or swimming trunks but illegal to do so when you are in boxer shorts or underpants?

Never ring my doorbell or you might discover yet another difference between colonial and imperial culture. ;)

Quote: DaButt @ 8th June 2022, 1:34 PM

Never ring my doorbell or you might discover yet another difference between colonial and imperial culture. ;)

I suppose that means you go commando. Personally I have no big issues with it. However, it does from my observations lead to complacent psychological mindsets. Men are more alert and politically more flexible if they have some sort of pouch in which they can keep a prickly hedgehog secured upon their spatchcock chickens. Or whatevers.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 8th June 2022, 1:45 PM

I suppose that means you go commando.

Nah, but I'm not afraid to retrieve an Amazon package or answer the door while wearing boxers. I try to conceal the important bits behind the door, but it's mostly glass, so...

Quote: DaButt @ 8th June 2022, 2:06 PM

Nah, but I'm not afraid to retrieve an Amazon package or answer the door while wearing boxers. I try to conceal the important bits behind the door, but it's mostly glass, so...

Yus.

Actually everything is mostly glass.

Even Bill Wills.

Looks like I finally won/lost the Covid lottery. There goes my upcoming 3-day weekend.

Quote: DaButt @ 16th June 2022, 2:38 AM

Looks like I finally won/lost the Covid lottery. There goes my upcoming 3-day weekend.

Hope you havre a mild dose.
There's a couple of shitty new variants doing the rounds.

Quote: Lazzard @ 16th June 2022, 9:22 AM

Hope you havre a mild dose.
There's a couple of shitty new variants doing the rounds.

Thanks. It just seems like a mild cold so far. My neighbor is a respiratory therapist and he says they aren't admitting many patients with Covid these days, so hopefully, I'll bounce back in a few days.

Infections creeping up a little here - but thankfully that's not reflected in deaths which seem to be stable.

I had it twice. First time I was really ill - not dying ill but couch and quilt for a week ill. I had no sense of smell or taste for about 6 weeks after.
2nd time (with a positive test) just rough for a few days.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 8th June 2022, 12:10 PM

So why when boxer shorts are identical to shorts and swimming trunks are identical to underpants is it totally acceptable to answer a ring at your front door or even walk along a pavement when you are in shorts or swimming trunks but illegal to do so when you are in boxer shorts or underpants?

I don't think that it's actually illegal in the UK, just considered "Inappropriate behavior" by many people.

I was just in a Charity Shop in Cheam Village and I heard someone talking. I thought I know that voice. I turned round and it was Tim Vine - with some decidely dodgy sideburns.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th June 2022, 3:58 PM

I was just in a Charity Shop in Cheam Village and I heard someone talking. I thought I know that voice. I turned round and it was Tim Vine - with some decidely dodgy sideburns.

Sideburns are all dodgy.

Reminds me of one of Lee Evan's gigs where he's talking about how men can browse shops in Spain in swimming trunks and no-one is bothered but do that in England and you probably get arrested.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 18th June 2022, 9:32 PM

Reminds me of one of Lee Evan's gigs where he's talking about how men can browse shops in Spain in swimming trunks and no-one is bothered but do that in England and you probably get arrested.

How many shops do you find in swimming trunks?

Got the ok to return to work in the morning. That's good because I've gotten bored, and bored is a bad thing to be when you have access to 15 gallons of cold beer.