Status report Page 6,130

Yes - I really miss those meet ups too.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd June 2022, 9:31 PM

I'm holding a BCG meeting in the Dog and Duck, Bradford June 30th. (7:30)
Dripping on bread and meat pies will be served
See you all there.

Make it June 31st and I'll do my best to make it.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 3rd June 2022, 10:38 AM

Don't go.

I have never risked it.

What I suggest is that just you and I meet at The Ivy for a meal before going go-karting.

Attending a fancy pool party tomorrow, so I'm making some baked beans (not that rather lame Heinz variety) and sous vide-ing several pounds of homemade Wisconsin-style bratwurst and asiago/basil sausage. I'm pre-cooking the sausages so that they'll be quick and easy to cook on the grill since drunk people tend to char the outside and leave them raw in the middle. I used 1.5 pounds of home-cured/smoked (streaky) bacon in the beans and they always turn out amazing.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/the-once-and-future-beans-recipe-1938616

At two I'm heading to the theater to see the new Top Gun movie. Looking forward to a few pints of cold beer in a cool theater, as it's been very hot and dry lately. It's supposed to hit 106F/41C this weekend. My green lawn is a goner. :(

Quote: DaButt @ 3rd June 2022, 4:20 PM

(not that rather lame Heinz variety)

HOW DARE YOU. And on the Queen's special day.

Quote: zooo @ 3rd June 2022, 9:36 PM

HOW DARE YOU. And on the Queen's special day.

I'm quite certain that Her Majesty would love my beans.

The new Top Gun movie was a lot of fun. Stop round my house for a cheeky home-brewed pint and lots of sausages, Royal Familia.

I'd bet there are Heinz beans in the Queens pantry.
'Would your majesty like Liverpool Caviar for supper ma'am.
What's thet?
I believe the commoners also call it musical fruit ma'am
No, I'll have skinheads on a raft thenk you

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 4th June 2022, 9:27 AM

No, I'll have skinheads on a raft thenk you

? Not heard that one - very good.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd June 2022, 9:31 PM

I'm holding a BCG meeting in the Dog and Duck, Bradford June 30th. (7:30)
Dripping on bread and meat pies will be served
See you all there.

To my (slight) shame, I thought that was a genuine post.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 3rd June 2022, 10:38 AM

To my (slightly greater) shame, I also thought that was a genuine post.

Quote: alison blunderland @ 4th June 2022, 1:52 PM

What makes you think they aren't??

Quote: A Horseradish @ 3rd June 2022, 10:45 AM

Don't go.

I have never risked it.

What I suggest is that just you and I meet at The Ivy for a meal before going go-karting.

This one was a totally genuine post.

Quote: alison blunderland @ 4th June 2022, 1:52 PM

Well of course there are only 30 days in June but maybe a meet up is being organised Ooop Norf! Nothing down in Lunnon Tahn yt though.

Did anyone else see that thing in the sky last night just after the UFOs programme? It started off cigars shaped and then turned into a flaming saucer. Little green men got out. Then the CIAs came with uzi subs machine guns into my garden. Next, they all left in the saucers which turned dark before heading for the moons in a crystal shapes. I can't be the only persons who saw this and I am very surpriseds it isn't in all of todays newspapers.

Horseradish has been carted off in an ambulance by men in white coats, any further posting you see with his moniker are actually posted by Russian hackers attempting to destabalise the British comedy spirit. Just ignore them.

Quote: billwill @ 8th June 2022, 1:14 AM

Horseradish has been carted off in an ambulance by men in white coats, any further posting you see with his moniker are actually posted by Russian hackers attempting to destabalise the British comedy spirit. Just ignore them.

So why when boxer shorts are identical to shorts and swimming trunks are identical to underpants is it totally acceptable to answer a ring at your front door or even walk along a pavement when you are in shorts or swimming trunks but illegal to do so when you are in boxer shorts or underpants?