Status report Page 5,945

Quote: DaButt @ 25th October 2016, 5:22 PM

Having a meal with my neighbor and his wife after voting. Three votes for Trump on the books. :)

There was a huge line (60 minutes) and most of the chatter was pro-Trump and anti-Hillary. Texas!

Fine. Now where did I put my nuclear shelter?

Quote: keewik @ 25th October 2016, 8:08 PM

Has Donald Trump ever voted for, or been instrumental in starting a war? Can't say that about Hillary...

Quote: keewik @ 25th October 2016, 8:08 PM

Sounds like a rather small nuclear shelter :D

Quote: DaButt @ 25th October 2016, 10:06 PM

Has Donald Trump ever voted for, or been instrumental in starting a war? Can't say that about Hillary...

There's still time!

I think there might be a twist in the tail.

We didn't see the Brexit vote coming, but it came..

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 26th October 2016, 10:05 AM

We didn't see the Brexit vote coming

Really?

Quote: DaButt @ 25th October 2016, 10:06 PM

I expect the same could have been said about Hitler and Mussolini at a certain stage.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 26th October 2016, 10:34 AM

Really?

Well, when I say "we" I didn't mean anyone who did see it coming. They would be the other ones.

Brexit poll tracker

Latest developments
[Pre-Brexit]
FT poll of polls, updated Jun 23, 2016
REMAIN 48%
LEAVE 46%

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 26th October 2016, 10:05 AM

I think there might be a twist in the tail.

We didn't see the Brexit vote coming, but it came..

The fact that Trump and Hillary are essentially tied this late in the game speaks volumes about just how unpopular and unpleasant she is. Both candidates are odious at best, but Americans are tired of political dynasties and pay-for-access politics and they're willing to back someone like Trump in hopes that he'll actually shake up Washington just a bit.

Maybe someday we'll actually have a candidate who will be honest with the American voter instead of just telling them what they want to hear. Someone who actually cares about people and wants to make the nation better, rather than just lining their pockets and perpetuating the increasingly ugly "us vs them" party politics.

We've got someone a bit like that

Corbyn

And he's about 18 points behind in the polls!

Quote: lofthouse @ 26th October 2016, 5:59 PM

We've got someone a bit like that

Corbyn

And he's about 18 points behind in the polls!

I guess they polled a lot of Jews... ;)

Yep. And Scots

And Euro sceptics

Will Cam is about to take the dog for a walk then he is off for a haircut.

May punch in the face the next person who tries to tell me how to spend my holiday and that if I am going overseas again I shouldn't just stay in one place that I have been to before. Since no one is coming with me I don't see how it is matters to them

:O Cheeky f**kers.

(Where are you going?)