Status report Page 5,941

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 2nd September 2016, 4:12 PM

Apart from staying well away from drunken Aussies, an essential for me is a flight to warmer climate! :D

I'm looking forward to escaping the warmth. It will still be boiling for about two months after I get back though, so won't miss it completely.

In my office in London as soon as it got hot outside they were complaining and put the air con on. It was like a fridge in here and lovely outside. I guess whatever weather we have we yearn for the opposite at least some of the time.

Ben is at a new barbers. Let's see what happens...

Quote: Ben @ 3rd September 2016, 8:13 AM

Ben is at a new barbers. Let's see what happens...

You mean you're his first customer?

Ben is devouring some turkey rolls.

Ben is drinking some exceptionally fine coffee which he ground this morning.

Quote: Ben @ 11th September 2016, 4:26 PM

Ben is drinking some exceptionally fine coffee which he ground this morning.

Did you grind it exceptionally fine?

Quote: DaButt @ 11th September 2016, 4:45 PM

Did you grind it exceptionally fine?

Medium fine!

So we were just on the approach road to Titsey where they have filled in all of the potholes. There's a cow and a calf walking side by side ahead of us and then a farmer on a tractor zooms out of the gate to the left. The idea is that his presence will push them along a bit but they stop so he stops and gets out of the tractor and for some reason goes back into the field and he's then behind a hedge so we can't see him .

But he hadn't put the hand brake on and it's a slight incline so the tractor started to move backwards towards us just as a smart car arrived at the back of our car so that we couldn't reverse. My father froze and bellowed out as I shouted steer right but luckily the farmer ran out from the field and got into the tractor just in time. This was the closest shave we have had since an unmanned van moved at right angles in front of us from the right hand side of a road before smashing into a metal gate on the left.

Wants to know what the neighbour is doing- it sounds a lot like packing to move out- which is all fine and dandy but hope they won't be doing it all night, do need some sleep before going to work in the morning.

I've gt a new neighbour and the front door keeps slamming. And they've got a baby. Maybe time for some Damned or the Pistols.

I have been making the classic mistake of thinking things couldn't get any worse...

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 21st September 2016, 6:59 PM

I have been making the classic mistake of thinking things couldn't get any worse...

You realise none of us will sleep tonight for wondering what's happened?

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 21st September 2016, 6:59 PM

Old Hindu proverb:

'When you have cholera and Delhi belly and your wife has congress with your best friend, that does not stop your house from catching fire.'

Quote: reds @ 2nd September 2016, 2:39 PM

So..anything that is must do in the UK in December?

I love the hustle and bustle during Christmas week in the department stores and supermarkets and seeing the general exitement and good cheer in people. For the 3rd year in a row I've managed to book Christmas week off which is a result because the buildup is the best part. Last day is the 16th and then I'm off until the 28th. Back of the net! :D