Status report Page 5,938

I made dumplings for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and cooked them in a bamboo steamer.
I think I made the wrappers a bit too thick, but other than that they were pretty good. You can't buy wrappers ANYWHERE round here so I had to make my own.

You can definitely make gluten free ones, I remember seeing them on Pinterest. Maybe you have to add something else to the recipe to make it work.

Quote: zooo @ 6th August 2016, 12:30 PM

I made dumplings for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and cooked them in a bamboo steamer.

That's the most middle class thing I've ever heard

PleasedPleased

Quote: lofthouse @ 6th August 2016, 11:38 PM

That's the most middle class thing I've ever heard

PleasedPleased

Not unless this i's some kind of swinger's code;)

Quote: zooo @ 6th August 2016, 12:30 PM

Have decided to try and teach myself mandarin...because I was watching something in Mandarin and could tell when they counted to three without need the subtitles . It's about the only thing I can remember from Primary school lessons. I suspect this will go even better than when I tried to teach myself Spanish. That lasted about three weeks.

Just got back from the sporting goods store where I picked up a new SIG P320 subcompact in 9mm. Who says Americans haven't embraced the metric system?

In and out the door with the pistol and a box of ammo in 15 minutes. Gotta love Texas!

I want a Colt Python like his.

But apparently I would fall over if I shot it.

Quote: DaButt @ 12th August 2016, 6:46 PM

Gotta love Texas!

Gotta love Steiermark!

Quote: zooo @ 12th August 2016, 8:05 PM

I want a Colt Python...

Girl!

You'd be fine. It's a really heavy pistol, so it's fairly easy to shoot. Too bad they don't make them anymore.

I'm attending a driver awareness course tomorrow because I was flashed doing 56 in a 50 zone a few months ago. I don't speed or overtake but I overtook someone as I was approaching a camera and was flashed as I was accelerating while overtaking. I even thought about appealing because of the circumstances (the overtake was very safe on a long straight road on a bright morning with clear skys) but I decided to take it up the tailpipe. I drive past the camera everyday and should have known. Doh.

I'm looking forward to it even if it does mean I can't do my usual Friday night bender.

Tackleberry was my favourite!

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 12th August 2016, 9:56 PM

I'm attending a driver awareness course tomorrow because I was flashed doing 56 in a 50 zone a few months ago.

After I got popped for speeding in California years ago I signed up for a comedy traffic school. It was a 6-hour course taught by a comedian. Nobody learned anything, but at least we had fun. And there was a bar next door.

I didn't know his name was colt:P

I wish I hadn't watched the Olympics live
Helen Skelton is wearing one of those Borat Mankini's
& Rebecca Adlington is tossing off Mark Foster
They'll have edited this all out by the time you see the morning highlights

It's worse than Celebrity Big Brother

Quote: Will Cam @ 12th August 2016, 10:25 PM

I didn't know his name was colt:P

Fnar.

The only gun I've ever fired was a spud gun

But ammo was hard to come by as my mum would never let me have any of her potatoes

Bitch

Well maybe I should get my own potato and I'll pop a potatoey cap in her sorry ass