Status report Page 5,940

Quote: zooo @ 1st September 2016, 12:48 AM

It's Septemberrr!
Summer is finally over!
And it's practically nearly Christmas.

Finally, the part of the year I like.

target: zooo
mission: exterminate! exterminate! exterminate!...

I do seem to be in the minority when it comes to heat, maybe because I'm half French, insert joke here, but I find this country freezing, personally my ideal climate would probably be Cuba

Quote: Muddlecombe @ 1st September 2016, 2:57 PM

I do seem to be in the minority...but I find this country freezing, personally my ideal climate would probably be Cuba

You're not alone, mate!

You two are SICK AND WRONG.

Sick and wrong, you have read my entry in who's who. PS Gordon it is I Pingl Boooooo

my ideal climate would probably be Cuba

It's far too hot and humid (mostly humid) in Cuba and south Florida. Perfection would be somewhere close to the ocean in Orange County, California. There's a reason that the CEOs of just about every major corporation live there. Hawaii is also nice.

But the music, the cars, the entropy of the place. of course that will go now with American influence and it will become full of MacDonalds and Burger Kings. Know what you mean about the ocean though, sun and sea, salty air, sand beneath the feet and gentle ocean breeze, I lived in Australia for a while and found the temperature around Cairns perfect. But I do love Cuba

Despite hating hot places, Hawaii does look amazing. Probably plenty of breeze there.

Quote: zooo @ 1st September 2016, 6:37 PM

Despite hating hot places, Hawaii does look amazing. Probably plenty of breeze there.

I guess it might be hotter than you're used to, but it's really not all that hot. The islands have an almost steady 70F-80F temperature year round. They don't really have seasons, it's just always mild.

http://www.holiday-weather.com/hawaii/averages/

Quote: Muddlecombe @ 1st September 2016, 4:23 PM

PS Gordon it is I Pingl Boooooo

Really?!!! No joke? Please don't say you're Pingl when you're not...don't play with my feelings. :D

Hey, it's great to have you back here! Wave

Quote: DaButt @ 1st September 2016, 2:35 PM

Oops, forgot to convert it to the metric system for you foreigners. ;)

:D

I do seem to be in the minority when it comes to heat, maybe because I'm half French, insert joke here, but I find this country freezing, personally my ideal climate would probably be Cuba

Why not move there then?

What with my feet

Quote: zooo @ 1st September 2016, 12:48 AM

It's Septemberrr!
Summer is finally over!
And it's practically nearly Christmas.

Finally, the part of the year I like.

I saw mince pies in the supermarket tonight. They were on a little shelf in the bakery section. They tried to hide them among not really Christmas things but only available at Christmas things like celebration cake(fruit cake) and the supermarkets own brand apple and ginger mini pies and some sort of biscotii.
It's September! I usually get cranky at Christmas stuff appearing around now as it is so far away, however, this year it reminded me that I really need to get my holiday sorted.

So..anything that is must do in the UK in December?

Apart from staying well away from drunken Aussies, an essential for me is a flight to warmer climate! :D