The Peter Serafinowicz Show Page 13

Evening. *tips cap*

:)

Quote: jacparov @ October 19, 2007, 11:14 PM

it's the aspiring writers that think they can do better that get upset

Echo the welcome Shawrey.

But please note Jac that not all of us are aspiring writers and there are probably some of those on here who don't think they can do better either.

You don't need to be of premier league football standard to know when your team is playing shite. If you watch enough of something you can compare it with what has worked for you before - that applies to footie and comedy alike. For me, the PS show is not quite shite but it ain't premier never mind champion's league.

Welcome Shawrey.

The problem is because we all want to get a piece of the action we analyse stuff too much beyond enjoyment.

Incidentally on Jonathan Ross just now he said he got the series after producing his own You-Tube for a couple of hundred dollars.

Quote: Badge @ October 19, 2007, 11:23 PM

Echo the welcome Shawrey.

But please note Jac that not all of us are aspiring writers and there are probably some of those on here who don't think they can do better either.

You don't need to be of premier league football standard to know when your team is playing shite. If you watch enough of something you can compare it with what has worked for you before - that applies to footie and comedy alike. For me, the PS show is not quite shite but it ain't premier never mind champion's league.

i know badge, i was just trying to make the new kid feel welcome Wave

I was only kidding, i don't think anyones that petty. It's just peoples valid opinions. They tend to clash.

OIC

Aspiring writers eh?

well i'm not.....Im here for the pure enjoyment of laughter!
and Peter serafin made me laugh.

Do you think...you guys are watching these shows from a writers point of view...and therefore a bit more immune to gags that make the majority of the viewing public laugh??

Definitely.

yes probably, although some stuff still leaves me on the floor. alan partridge for example makes me cry with laughter even though i can quote whole chunks of the stuff.

Quote: Shawrey @ October 19, 2007, 11:52 PM

Do you think...you guys are watching these shows from a writers point of view...and therefore a bit more immune to gags that make the majority of the viewing public laugh??

That's what I was saying above.

And it makes it difficult to enjoy it.

there you go then Jac....thats your comedy gold
for me Michael Palins rant about living in a dictatorship and farcial watery tarts in the holy grail, still has me chuckling like a loon every time

each to their own I suppose

but I agree Little Britain is poo

Quote: Shawrey @ October 20, 2007, 12:03 AM

but I agree Little Britain is poo

But I think it's great!

As well as Men Behaving Badly, One Foot in the Grave etc

Oh the holy grail, the first time i saw the black knight scene i had to switch it off because i couldn't breah from laughing so hard.

:your mother was a goat and your father smelt of elderberrries! now go away or i shall taunt you some more. brill!

Surely everyone agrees that stuff like python and partridge is better than PS?

Most definitely.

Quote: Aaron @ October 19, 2007, 10:25 PM

I did, and as far as I'm aware they haven't. Which says a lot. ;)

Probably says i'm there lawyer haha

Quote: Shawrey @ October 19, 2007, 11:52 PM

OIC

Aspiring writers eh?

well i'm not.....Im here for the pure enjoyment of laughter!
and Peter serafin made me laugh.

I've never written any comedy in my life and have no idea of the business. I just didn't find PS that funny apart from the odd sketch.

The peter serafinowicz show is not brillant but not bad to watch but i must admit that i did not find it funny.

I think that the catherine tate show is much more funny