The Peter Serafinowicz Show Page 18

It's a shame it didn't get a better placement. They really did pick the best ones, kept the pace nice and tight and the new host segments (which even mocked how we hadn't seen the show in over a year and now it was pulling a 'lazy' best of) were a nice addition :)

"I like 'tings!"

Looking forward to the Christmas special. There was plenty of gold amongst the filler of that first series.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 20 2008, 3:50 PM GMT

Looking forward to the Christmas special. There was plenty of gold amongst the filler of that first series.

I really liked the series too. One of the better recent sketch shows. My nephew was at the recording of the Christmas special and said it was very good.

Recording or screening?

Quote: Aaron @ December 20 2008, 4:49 PM GMT

Recording or screening?

I think my nephew said there were pre-filmed sketches, but I thought there was studio stuff too...I'm not sure.

Peter Serafinowicz is the most underrated comedian in the world. Is there going to be a 2nd series?

I'm pretty sure that there is, yes.

Peter, you've passed the test! That's exactly the kind of innovative comedy the Corporation needs :)

Wasn't overly impressed, I have to say. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. A strange mix - which one gets with sketch shows by their very nature - which didn't quite work for me as I wanted it to. The least funny sketches tended to be the longest ones (in actual time, not just in feeling), whilst the shorter were the most amusing.

I partly agree. The worst for me was the hoody realty seller. Those sketches were far too close to an attempted mugging I was a victim of on a train a few years ago, so I couldn't really laugh as the sketches got meaner and meaner Errr .

The Butterfield sketches were good though.

If only sketch shows were all 15 minutes long. Maybe then we could just keep the good part of the 50/50 split this shows, as mentioned, seem to have.

Like you say Brian Butterfield is always a joy though!

"Did I arks you? Did I arks you?"

Quote: catskillz @ December 24 2008, 11:27 AM GMT

"Did I arks you? Did I arks you?"

Great new character, but even I was cacking it for Paul Puttner . . .

I really enjoyed the show. I didn't find any sketches too long. In fact the ping pong ball guest on the discussion programme is still making me laugh and the face he used during the micro computer ads sketch.

I thought the Christmas special was hilarious, especially Brian Butterfield. "Someone call nine hundred and ninety nine!"