The Peter Serafinowicz Show Page 14

Quote: ajp29 @ October 20, 2007, 1:38 AM

Probably says i'm there lawyer haha

Laughing out loud

also touch me im karen taylor is good

I do think the beeb could do better with there comedy on bbc2

Peter actually came across very well on The Johnathon Ross show last night. His Wogan impressions were great, but it still doesn't change the fact that I think his sketches are unfunny.

Quote: Shawrey @ October 19, 2007, 11:06 PM

will you all please lighten up.....you silly sods!

We're as light as a thousand suns, it's just that we vaguely expect comedy to be funny, especially when it's branded as funny.....we should sue for false advertising.

Anyhoo, welcome :)

Quote: jamie jones @ October 20, 2007, 9:53 AM

I think that the catherine tate show is much more funny

And that's where your opinion becomes defunct. :P

Quote: jamie jones @ October 20, 2007, 9:54 AM

also touch me im karen taylor is good

Oh and once again there.

Out of all the examples he could've chosen he picked the absolute worst, ever, ever ever, ever ever ever.

He is obviously very talented - very funny and a good impressionist - but its obviously the material where it falls down.

I reckon it's probably just read by a load of sycophants with no idea what's funny.

I gave it another 20 minutes tonight and it was abysmal. Showing a sketch nine times does not make it funny. Butterfield's run out of ideas, the talk show has. This is the problem in giving someone a show off one script.

It's embarrassing.

I really liked tonight's show. The Marple stuff was boring but some of the other stuff was great. e.g. The Liars for Cheese, Michael 6, Ringo.

"Now lets all go build a big, gay house."

For the last episode of this show the BBC are going to test out a new idea. Basically digital viewers will be able to turn a laugh track on or off via the red button.

If you want to go to a screening this Monday where they will be recording the laughter visit myspace.com/bbc2comedy for more details.

Quote: David H @ October 25, 2007, 11:11 PM

I gave it another 20 minutes tonight and it was abysmal. Showing a sketch nine times does not make it funny. Butterfield's run out of ideas, the talk show has. This is the problem in giving someone a show off one script.

It's embarrassing.

Well it wasn't totally just off one script, I think Serafinowicz past works counts for something, he did make the amazing Look Around You and also co-wrote a few episodes of 15 Storey's High.

The Marple stuff was bad last night. But the Cheese For Liars, Bond Stand-Up etc was good. Probably the weakest episode so far though.

Quote: Mark @ October 26, 2007, 11:22 AM

For the last episode of this show the BBC are going to test out a new idea. Basically digital viewers will be able to turn a laugh track on or off via the red button.

Wah?! Are you serious? But how will I know when to laugh? I'll have to keep it on, otherwise it's not funny.

Actually, actually I wonder if you show a blank screen and every few moments you hear an audience laugh, I wonder if some people would laugh along? Or to be more fair, you had a series of random clips. Just normal everyday routines, someone making a drink, switching TV channels, I wonder if carefully done, you could work in a laughter track and get some viewers to laugh?

I'm not really that against hearing the live studio audience, I'm guessing there's a sense of sharing the joke with someone or something like that anyway? But still, if there is an option not to have one and then the option to add one, why would you do that? Why would you want to make yourself concious of an audience, drowning out the words?

And breath...

What did everyone think of the Ralph Feinnes sketch?

Quote: catskillz @ October 26, 2007, 4:05 PM

Strange and funny.

Quote: catskillz @ October 26, 2007, 4:05 PM

It was pretty good, he was playing Ralp Feinnes as Leonard Rossiter which worked strangley well and was funny.