Dead Set - Charlie Brooker's Horror Show Page 12

Quote: zooo @ October 28 2008, 11:32 PM BST

Yes I feel a bit nerve jangled too. Like one of those saucepans they were rattling.

Can't wait for that housemate woman to tuen into a zombie and get scissors through head. (after killing at least one other housemate frst, obviously.)

Shes going to take a chunk out of the gay one, surely; before he kills her and hides his wound from the others?? Something like that usually happens!

It's not bad, pretty much what you'd expect.

The producer in it reminds me of David Brent.

I'm really enjoying this, but I'm not sure about the wisdom of stretching it across a week in half hour bursts. Just when you're getting into it, it's over. I think it'd work better as a two hour film, or three one hour episodes.

Yeah, I was quite disappoionted when I realised that only the first episode was an hour long. It's pretty cool so far, even though I definitely prefer traditional slow zombies to the new fast 'rage' style zombies.

I did like the one running after the van in last night's episode though - part of what makes slow zombies scary is that they just don't stop coming for you. The fast ones are a little bit scarier because they run but lose out a lot more on the oppressive creepiness thing that slow zombies have going on. I think showing her running after the van long after an actual person would have given up put something of that back into it.

I must admit, I prefer the fast zombie. They seem infinitely scarier. Although I suspect it shags out the extras doing all that running. Back in Romeros day all zombies had to do was stumble about in a daze.

Quote: chipolata @ October 29 2008, 1:53 PM BST

I must admit, I prefer the fast zombie. They seem infinitely scarier. Although I suspect it shags out the extras doing all that running. Back in Romeros day all zombies had to do was stumble about in a daze.

Yeah, loved the traditional slow Zombies; but the fast ones are definitely scarier. With slow ones you could easilly escape, if they're running full pelt at you screaming, then the stakes are raised and so is the fear.

I've only just watched the first episode.

It's brilliant. I love it.

Thought it was very good.

Very talented man is Charlie.

Slow zombies for me...their power lies in their numbers and when ya see something like Day Of The Dead it falls into place. It's the slow nature of the death which is a more horrifying thought than the comparitive quick death inflicted by turbo zombies.

Edited by Aaron.

Better.

Ace.
It always surprises me when it ends! Goes so quickly.

Ditto on the ending. So blunt and brilliantly brutal. Get rid of all credits please.

Just to do my PR bit on behalf of Channel 4:

If you've missed this series but want to watch it:

The whole lot is on, back-to-back, Saturday night on E4 from 10pm. Or you can buy it on DVD on Monday (talk about a quick turn-around):

See Amazon product listing

If you are currently watching it:

Don't miss Friday's episode. That's all I'll say.

Oooooooooooooh!
Am all excited now.