Dead Set - Charlie Brooker's Horror Show

This zombie drama from Charlie Brooker is coming. I've just been sent a link to the new viral website promoting it: http://www.unseenscreen.com/index.php?id=24095r24wq

If you email the clip to a friend via that website, and they've got a common name, she actually appeals to them by name at the end. It creeped me out when she said "Mark" to me!

The trailer and other content can be found here: http://www.e4.com/deadset/

I have to say, I think it's great that Brooker is attempting this - it's been ages since there's been any kind of horror show on TV.

Now this should, hopefully, be a bit more like it.

Quote: Mark @ September 24 2008, 11:39 AM BST

it's been ages since there's been any kind of horror show on TV.

Forgotten Lab Rats already, eh?

I've very high hopes for this. I love Brooker's work and I'm a huge fan of the genre.

All we need now is a second series of Nathan Barley. If they can ever be arsed.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 24 2008, 1:27 PM BST

All we need now is a second series of Nathan Barley. If they can ever be arsed.

I don't think it's a case of them being arsed, more a case of Channel 4 not wanting another series.

Quote: chipolata @ September 24 2008, 1:32 PM BST

I don't think it's a case of them being arsed, more a case of Channel 4 not wanting another series.

I guess so, the rotten bastards.

Looks interesting. There have been a couple of horror series available in the U.S.

Masters Of Horror Fear Itself

And didn't Channel 5 do some horror series as well?

And there was Steve Coogan's Dr Terrible's House Of Horrible. Which I remember as being horrifically unfunny more than scary. But nevertheless.

So, this new Brooker thing isn't supposed to be a comedy at all?

Totally straight?

And if you're Sooty, there's always Terry and June.

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Ah I didn't realise this was Brooker's! Great stuff, can't wait for this.

Kevin Eldon is in this as one of the housemates. I've got high hopes for it. :)